Note: Why do you love dA's Literature Community?
Art History Project: Literature
Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
Art History Project: Literature
- A Fantastical Journey
- Tricksters in Modern Literature
- Tricksters in Fantasy Literature
- American Realism and Naturalism
- Intrigue Behind the English Dictionaries
- An Interview with nonculture
- Shakespearean Tricksters
- An Interview With A Bird
- Tricksters in Folktales and Fables
- An Interview with PinkyMcCoversong
- An Interview With Ali
- Tricksters in Mythology and Folklore
- Art History Project: Isaac Asimov
- Prosepoetry: A History and Feature
- An Interview With A 'Historical Figure'
- Art History Literature: Weeks 2 and 3 Roundup
- Art History: Week 1 Roundup
- ^neurotype wants to know: " As a Lit CV, should I be posting more literature?"
- CRLiterature: Now Sponsoring Contests
- Literary Art with Interviews
- =SilverInkblot asks "Have you entered my Color Poem Contest?"
- Interview With *babydollvain
- NaNoWriMo is slowly creeping up on us. Got some advice for someone trying to do it this year?
- PE Chat Transcript: Breaking into Publishing
- Submissions to Cahoodaloodaling are due today, September 30th.
- Are you a writer? Subquestion: How much do you read?
- Asking people smarter questions: Google first!
- ~illuminara wants your writing article suggestions!
- YA novelists! Get published!
- =HillsOfMyst wants to know "what you do when my weekly lit feature appears in your inbox"?
- "What kind of literature do you feel is underrepresented in the DD section?" asks ^NicSwaner
- .:Sweet Everythings Three:.
- #SixWordStories Feature: September 10 - 24
- ITU Feature 5 - September 24th, 2012
- Prose Blood Country and Poetry Screams
- "Shameless self-promotion is... "
- WritersInk Monthly Round-up - September 2012
- #WritersInk's Weekly Round-up
- #Written-Imagination's Feature Time 1 and Feature Time 2
- Does good written horror have to be psychological?
- It's coming... #LiteraryAbandon posts a prep blog for NaNoWriMo.
- "Ready for a new prompt?" asks #Letters-To-Myself.
- #LOVE-Original-LIT breaks down their contest judging criteria.
- #Authors-Academy posts some news concernign contests and other things.
- Some news and updates from #PoetryMagazine.
- #LovingHowYouWrite's poetry folder is open to submissions again.
- #The-Writers-Study's Writer Of The Week! - Third Edition
- #We-Write-To-Escape's one year anniversary is in a month and issues a challenge to it's members.
- An update from #Literary-Limits.
- #EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 42! Obsidian-Nightfall, Jaybird101 and mystichuntress
- #RomanceforEveryone gives a welcome back as they are accepting submissions again.
- Motifs in Your Story
- Some News Updates and Affiliated and Members Projects from #Love-Literature.
- NaNoWriMo... success or an epic fail?
- #YWP-NaNoWriMo has a new founder and asks members for some input.
- The Sad Story contest winners have been announced.
- #TeenagedLiterature is looking to become a super group.
- #Penpa posts their prompt results.
- Fall News from #LiteratureAnonymous
- #Live-Write-Now has a new founder
- An update about NaNoWriMo from #NaNoWriMo-MLP.
- Contest winners and lots of news from #PowerfulWriting.
- #APictureToA1000Words is holding a Critique Craze Raffle for their members.
- =DailyLitDeviations asks "How are the entries coming for the first part of our Write and Revise contest?"
- #The-Writers-Study reveals the winners of their 'Summer's Gone contest.
- Let The Festivities Begin, #Written-Imagination is now one year old and celebrating.
- An update from #lacoterie.
- #Teenage-Writers has some updates and has the aight installment of their Writter's Knitting Circle
Literature Links [in other languages!]
Back to Top
This Weeks Group Spotlight
No group spotlight this week because I would really, really like you to send me reasons why you love dA's Literature Community!
Looking for more groups?
- `leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- #Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 4
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- ITU Prompt 1: 'What inspires you to write?' [October 11th]
- Prompt #24: Obsession is #Heart-of-Poetry's newest weekly prompt. [October 1st]
- #Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt: "Déjà Vu " [September 23rd]
- #FightToWrite's Theme of the Week - Remixed
- 'The Human Body' is #Writing-to-Live's weekly prompt
- #Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: Bird
- Weekly Spontaneity: 27 from #SixWordStories
- "Metamorphosis" is the current weekly theme for #RawEm0tion
- ~Writers-Cove's Weekly Theme 6
- One Word Prompt Thursday: Pocket from #TheWritingObsession
- #Writingstream's Prompt #6
- #House-of-Playwrights' fifth July weekly prompt is a Series of Images.
- #Letters-To-Myself's Writing Prompt: Letters To a Monster. [November 1st]
- Bi-Weekly Prompt: July 29, 2012 from #theWrittenRevolution.
- #PromptMe's Prompt #8
- #MidtownMagic's monthly prompt [October 31st]
- "Culture" is ~LiterarySanctuary's September monthly prompt. [October]
- #transliterations' Prompt 13: The Beginning! [October 15th]
- ScreamPrompt #28, September 2012[September 30th]
- #APictureToA1000Words' September prompt: "Perfection / Imperfection" [September 30th]
- #Horror-Stories' September Monthly Theme. [September 30th]
- 'Going Back', #Writers-Of-Our-Time's monthly prompt. [September 30th]
- #lacoterie's August Prompts [September 25th]
- #SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts
- #LITplease's Poetry and Fiction Prompts #18: True Olympians [August 27th]
Workshops and Challenges:
- Writer's Workshop Weirdness [October 31st]
- A FreeWriters Marathon [October 31st]
- Forum Challenge: Five Sentence Stories
- FFF 11: Cinquain Refrain Challenge
- Forum Challenge: Pirate poetry!
- Challenge #4: Autumn Colors
- #Authors-of-Fantasy and #FantasyLiterature's Feedback Pack--September Sign Up [Monthly]
- #Self-Publishing's Prompt #4 [September 30th]
- "What If" prompt from #WritersOfTheWorld [September 30th]
- #Love-Literature's weekly and monthly prompts.
- 'Key' is #SPOTLIGHTWRITERS' current prompt.
- #YouAsTheNarrator's weekly, bi-weekly and monthly prompts.
- Flash Fiction Lives: Creation 5: Ghosts
- Sweet Melody is #Inspiring-Words' current prompt.
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- #SixWordStories’ Inspiration Project Take III-- September
- Literature Lesson 1.04, Literature Lesson 1.03, Literature Lesson 1.02, Literature Lesson 1.01
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by #JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from #FeatheredWords.
- #full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- #LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by #Masters-of-Poetry.
- #Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- #Love-4-Dark-Poetry's Contest (October 10th)
- "Beginnings of War" (October 26th)
- Short and Not-So-Sweet [Please see link for details] (October 31st)
- #LovingHowYouWrite's Contest [2,500 prose word limit; 40 line limit for poetry; please see link for details] (October 31st)
- The Darker Side of Autumn Contest (November 1st)
- 'Escape' (November 7th)
- 'An Autumn Night' (November 21st)
- ACG's Literature Deleted Scene NBC Contest [1,000 word limit; please see link for details] (December 29th)
- Holiday Prompt Contest [1,500 word limit; please see link for details] (December 31st)
Contests Ending This Week:
- Aztec Myths (September 30th)
- 'Dandelion Wine'' (September 30th)
- Brittingham Prize in Poetry and the Felix Pollak Prize in Poetry [Off dA Contest; poetry only please see link for details] (September 30th)
- L. Ron Hubbard's Writers of the Future Contest [Off dA Contest; prose only; please see link for details] (September 30th)
- The Iowa Short Fiction Award [Off dA Contest; prose only; please see link for details] (September 30th)
- #Writing-Painting's Contest [Please see link for details] (September 30th)
- Inspiration Contest [Please see link for details] (September 30th)
- #WriterSociety's Contest [Please see link for details] (September 30th)
- Favorite Song Contest (September 30th)
- 'Frustration' (September 30th)
- "Pan-BioWare Crossover Competition" (October 1st)
- 'Haters Stop Hating' [Poetry Only] (October 1st)
- So I Heard You Like Limericks [Limericks only; 5 line limit; please see link for details] (October 2nd)
- Quality Prose Contest [Prose only; 300 word limit; please see link for details] (October 5th)
- #Shelf-of-Friends September Contest [Prose Only] (October 7th)
- Color Poem Contest [Poetry only; please see link for details] (October 7th)
- There is also a group dedicated to listing Literature contests around dA, #DALiteratureContests, if you're still looking for more contests!
- Or join ~WeeklyLitContests, which does exactly as their name implies and holds a contest every week, Monday through Saturday.
- #Writers-and-Editors has begun their own list of Literature contests.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXIV
- Writers With a Promise - Issue 15
- The Saturday Spotlight for September 29th, 2012
- Demonstrably Deviant: Issue XI
- Friday Night Features LXVI
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 82
- DLD to DD July 27th, 2012
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XI
- The Favorites Project #165, #166, #167
- Special Sundaes- Sammur-amat's Sunday Features
- Let's Talk Writing: Issue 11
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #12
- #theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to `apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- #SixWordStories Community Happenings
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- #LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Back-To-Basics Screenwriting With Snappy
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- A Verbose Guide to Critiquing
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Character Development: From Beginning to End
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- `apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Current 2012 Canadian Magazine Writing Contests
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: #DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
- Chautauqua Literary Journal
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- Voters and weekly and monthly bloggers are wanted at #Letters-To-Myself
- #FightToWrite is looking for a Co-Founder and Contributor.
- Updated: One admin position is available at #TeenagedLiterature.
- #RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- #Writingstream would like someone to help with a few group things.
- 2 Contributor positions are open at #InspireTheUninspired
- A Gallery Mod is needed at #WritersInk.
- #LOVE-Original-LIT would like some critique and contest admins.
- A Co-founder and general admins are wanted at #ThreeThousandWords.
- #WreckingHavocOnPaper needs someone to take over the group.
- #FictionWriters101 needs a co-founder and contributors.
- 2 assistants, prize commissioners, 1 News crew, and critics are #APictureToA1000Words’s current admin vacancies.
- General admins are needed to help with submission at #Masters-of-Poetry.
- A Founder is needed to take over #Writers-Extrodinaire
- #ItsAllAboutWriting would like a few contributors.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, #Live-Love-Write.
- A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run #lit-lash.
- A Sci-Fi Short Story Folder Manager is needed at #FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- Critics are wanted at #CritiqueForPoints.
- #WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- General Administrators are wanted at #Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- Foreign Language Administrator is the current open position at =DailyLitDeviations.
- #DesperateWriters is hoping for a few new moderators and a co-founder to help out the group.
- The group, #Written-Imagination, is looking for a variety of staff members.
- #Soul-Poets is looking to fill their contributor positions.
- #YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- ~WeeklyLitContests would like 1 more contributor.
- 2 Community Liasons and 2 Critics are needed over at #LITplease.
- #SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- #WriMo-Writers would like some more admins to help with behind-the-scenes work.
- Motivators, Workshoppers, and Bloggers are needed at ~FocusOnLit.
- #Wannabe-Novelists is looking for some new admins.
- #Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- Two admin positions need to be filled at #WriterSecretSanta.
- #EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- #Poetry-Screams wants some administrators.
- #WA-writersblock is in need of a new founder.
- New admins are wanted at #Unconventional-Story.
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at #lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at #Writers-Workshop
- Critics, admins, and people "interested in helping run and set up events and projects" are needed at #devLIT.
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at #LitResources.
- Open Positions over at #SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
`thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
^Beccalicious - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
^neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
^NicSwaner - NicSwaner's DD Suggestion Guidelines
^JZLobo - J-Z-Belexes' DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - July 2012
September's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: September
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted? Your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
a #LITplease Community Liason who helps gather even more information, all while being awesome.
recently hopped on board and became a Community Liason, so go give her a warm welcome, she's rather amazing.
and for sending me news to include in this week's article!
Back to Top