Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- "What is your favourite Literature Group? ", Mrs-Freestar-Bul wants to know.
- theWrittenRevolution will be hosting a Book Discussion Chat Event on August 1st.
- Beccalicious really needs DD suggestions.
- CRLiterature has new group features including the ability to host a chat event in the CRLiterature chatroom and to post news/journals to the group's journal.
- Poem of the Week - #43
- Passages: Night Watch by Terry Pratchett
- Lit Chat Community Participation: dAmnStoryTime
- Word Wars Chat Tour: Flash-Fic-Month
- What's your excuse for not writing today?
- A Review of Stephen King's 11.23.69
- Interview With =Sammur-amat
- "What sort of writing tutorials do you feel are lacking on dA?" asks LiliWrites.
- 5 Annoying Questions to Ask Another Writer or The Questions I Refuse to Again
- Deviousness Award Interview with Itti
- raspil wants to know " How do you feel when you learn something that you can implement in your writing to improve your skills?"
- Lit-Visual Alliance Allied Artwork Feature #3
- "Have you ever wanted to write at a specific place in the world, other than where you are currently writing/living?" asks EliteLiterature
- Interview with author R.C. Lewis
- neurotype asks "Have you ever written fanfiction?"
- Picks of the Week 23-7-2012 from Shelf-of-Friends
- doughboycafe's poll: "Which type of character do you more often find yourself writing? And why do you think that is?
- WritersInk's Weekly Round-Up
- A Call to All Lit Group Owners
- EliteLiterature posts a journal containing General Info, Applying, and Submitting
- The winner of Flash-Fic-Month's Week Two Challenges is revealed
- Elizabethan-authors' Word of the Sennight
- The results of Writers-Wonderland's contest are announced.
- Novels-Only posts a new journal with some updates and asks "What's your method of rewriting/heavily editing chapters?"
- LiteratureforPoints has some group news about an upcoming chat event.
- Group News from DALiteratureContests
- Voting has begun for LiterarySanctuary's prompt.
- An update from writers-in-progress
- EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 33! Treo-LeGigeo, Esso-the-awesome and That-Writer-Kid
- Love-Literature has a few news updates, as well as updating their contest and prompts and asks for feedback on their gallery folders.
- The results of We-Write-To-Escape's Fortnightly Theme are revealed.
- Lit-Visual-Alliance asks members to Vote For Your Favorite Allied Artwork Submitted to the Featured Folder.
- The group, Writers-Of-Our-Time, has set up a donation pool so the group can get Super Group status.
- Unseen-Writers removes their chapter limitation.
- Voting has begun for My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's July Form Challenge.
- Submissions are open at Writers-Cove.
- writingmadefun has some new ideas, an update and an apology.
- The Collaborative Story written by the members of Teenage-Writers is completed.
- The contest hosted by DAWritersUnite is now closed.
- Writers--club's Member of the Month ~ July 2012
- Open-Mic-Poetry discusses the possibility of a Anthology.
- A few announcements from Soul-Poets.
- ScreamPrompts will be back August 1st.
- The results of Literary-Limits' July challenge are announced.
- Ecrit-de-la-poesie will be temporary stopping their prompts.
- Poem-forthe-poemless has fixed their contest folder.
- There have been some changes at MagicalLiterature including a new co-founder, contests, gallery folders and the group's layout.
- RawEm0tion updates their Poetry/Prose RPG: Lvl Up
- An update from FantasyAuthorsGuild concerning prompts and their contest.
- Live-Love-Write has updated their submission rules.
- A greeting from QA-Lit.
Literature Links [in other languages!]
- ArteScritta's contest has begun.
- Less than 5 days until the end of LiteraturaBR's contest. [Portuguese]
Back to Top
SuperWritersHelp is a group that aims to help writers improve. They offer constructive critiques on prose and poetry, though there is a word limit on prose(3,000). Click here to learn a little more about this group's admins!
Looking for more groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 3
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt: "The Best Paradox" [August 3rd]
- "Over the Counter", the current weekly theme for RawEm0tion
- Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: Fright
- House-of-Playwrights' fifth July weekly prompt is a Series of Images.
- Week 2.99 Prompt of lit-lash's weekly prompts.
- Writers-Togethers Wednesday Writing Theme: War, destruction..
- Weekly Spontaneity: 18 from SixWordStories
- WritersAreArtistsToo's Writing Wednesdays Prompt.
- TheWritersMeow's Prompt: "Skeletons" [July 22nd]
- One Word Prompt Thursday: Core from TheWritingObsession
- Prompt #16: Reality is Heart-of-Poetry's newest weekly prompt. [July 28th]
- Weekly Influence #50 from Escape-Of-A-Writer.
- DeviantLITERATURE's Character Conception Challenge Prompt IV [July 28th]
- Writers-Cove's Weekly Theme 4
- Bi-Weekly Prompts: July 15, 2012 from theWrittenRevolution.
- "A Trip to India", Love-Literature's bi-weekly prompt.
- Letters-To-Myself's Writing Prompt: Letters To Lovers.
- PromptMe's Prompt #7
- A Bi-Weekly Prompt from LOVE-Original-LIT [August 1st]
- 'Paradise' is We-Write-To-Escape's fortnightly theme. [July 22nd]
- LiterarySanctuary's July Prompt [July 28th]
- SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts
- Horror-Stories' July Monthly Theme.
- MidtownMagic's Monthly Theme: "Fantasy Noir" [August 31st]
- A Monthly Challenge: June from Unseen-Writers
- Shelf-of-Friends' Prompt: June 2012
Workshops and Challenges:
- Critique Challenge [August 13th]
- Character Conception: Workshop IV [July 31st]
- FFF 9: Villanelle Challenge
- Write a Review Challenge
- My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's July Poetry Forms Challenge: Ballad [July 25th]
- A FreeWriters Marathon [October 31st]
- Authors-of-Fantasy and FantasyLiterature's Feedback Pack--July Sign Up [Monthly]
- Wordsmiths-Guild has a new prompt.
- Self-Publishing's Prompt # 3 [July 31st]
- "What If" prompt from WritersOfTheWorld
- lacoterie's Poetry & Prose Prompt [July 27th]
- Literature in Use Project [August]
- YouAsTheNarrator's weekly, bi-weekly and monthly prompts.
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by Masters-of-Poetry.
- Flash Fiction Lives: Creation 5: Ghosts
- LITplease's Poetry and Fiction Prompts: #17: The Muse [July 27th]
- Betrayal or Abandoned are Inspiring-Words' current prompts.
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- SixWordStories’ Inspiration Project Take III-- July
- Literature Lesson 1.04, Literature Lesson 1.03, Literature Lesson 1.02, Literature Lesson 1.01
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- 'Summer or School' Contest (August 11th)
- AlanaLayce's Contest (August 24th)
- All Things Owl (September 20th)
- 'Color' (October 31st)
Contests Ending This Week:
- Poem Contest [Poetry only; please see link for details] (July 30th)
- Opus Aria [Fan-fiction only; please see link for details] (July 31st)
- #WriterSociety's July Contest (July 31st)
- The Princess Nonomi Fan Art Contest [Fan-fiction only; please see link for details] (August 1st)
- Background for Nursery Rhymes [Prose only; please see link for details] (August 1st)
- Summer Contest [No visual poetry; 2,500 prose word limit; 300 line poetry limit; 15 page script limit; please see link for details] (August 1st)
- 'My Worst Nightmare' Contest (August 1st)
- "Satanic" Contest [50 word minimum; please see link for details] (August 1st)
- Create Your Own August Wrimo Contest [Please see link for details] (August 1st)
- Take Me to the Night (August 1st)
- 'Love Sucks' Contest [Song lyrics only; please see link for details] (August 1st)
- Prompt Contest [Please see link for details] (August 4th)
- 'Love' Contest (August 5th)
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- Lit Fortnightly - 25 April 2012
- The Lit List: Issue 01
- Lit Up! Vol. V
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXIII
- Writers With a Promise - Issue 15
- Friday Night Features LVII
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 73
- The Saturday Spotlight for July 28th, 2012
- DLD to DD July 27th, 2012
- The Acrostics Series: BornBlitzed
- Name Your Droppings vol. 2
- Demonstrably Deviant: Issue IX
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume X
- The Favorites Project #159, #160, #161
- Special Sundaes- Sammur-amat's Sunday Features
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- #SixWordStories Community Happenings
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #Mythologue's Literary Resources
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- A Verbose Guide to Critiquing
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Character Development: From Beginning to End
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Current 2012 Canadian Magazine Writing Contests
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- A Founder is needed to take over Writers-Extrodinaire
- ItsAllAboutWriting would like a few contributors.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, Live-Love-Write.
- Updated: A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run lit-lash.
- Updated: A Sci-Fi Short Story Folder Manager is needed at FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- Updated: Critics are wanted at CritiqueForPoints.
- Updated: Two admin positions are available at TeenagedLiterature.
- writersociety is in need of a new admin.
- One contributor is needed at JustKeepWriting.
- Shelf-of-Friends is looking for a few admins.
- write-to-live is hiring contributors to help with submissions.
- WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- General Administrators are wanted at Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- writingmadefun would like another admin to help with the group activities.
- Foreign Language Administrator is the current open position at DailyLitDeviations.
- DesperateWriters is hoping for a few new moderators and a co-founder to help out the group.
- The group, Written-Imagination, is looking for a variety of staff members.
- TheShelfLife is looking to be adopted.
- Soul-Poets are looking to fill their contributor positions.
- YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- WeeklyLitContests would like 1 more contributor.
- Beta-readers are needed at Beta-Readers!
- ThreeThousandWords is looking for one co-founder and two contributors.
- 2 Community Liasons and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
- SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- WriMo-Writers would like some more admins to help with behind-the-scenes work.
- Motivators, Workshoppers, and Bloggers are needed at FocusOnLit.
- Wannabe-Novelists is looking for some new admins.
- Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- Two admin positions need to be filled at WriterSecretSanta.
- EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- Poetry-Screams wants some administrators.
- WA-writersblock is in need of a new founder.
- New admins are wanted at Unconventional-Story.
- 2 Afilliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at Writers-Workshop
- Critics, admins, and people "interested in helping run and set up events and projects" are needed at devLIT.
- Deviant-Mentor needs Literature Mentors!
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at LitResources.
- Two Contributors are wanted at Written-Love.
- Open Positions over at SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Beccalicious - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
JZLobo - J-Z-Belexes' DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - June 2012
June's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: July
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted? Your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
for letting me help run LITplease's Community Portal and spamming her inbox with countless notes, all while being wonderful.
a LITplease Community Liason and will be helping me with gathering information while being fabulous.
another LITplease Community Liason who helps gather even more information, all while being awesome.
recently hopped on board and became a Community Liason, so go give her a warm welcome, she's rather amazing.
Back to Top