Note: There is no group spotlight this week as I will be posting League of Lit Groups on Tuesday, the 22nd.
Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- The Ladies of Lit Chat Event is being held July 22nd!
- Meet & Greet Chat Event is going on July 22nd!
- Where would you send a newbie to literature on dA?
- A Call to All Lit Group Owners
- How can YOU get lit more recognition?
- I have a decent amount of points saved up at the moment, if I were to host a poetry contest would you help me promote it? asks Nichrysalis
- Poem of the Week - #42
- Writing Tips For Noobs
- SilverInkblot asks " Flash Fic Month participants: Is FFM going overboard with the challenges this year?"
- Lit community get creative! (and link me what you do!)
- Cahoodaloodaling + You = Possible Publication
- Lit of the Week Features
- Writing, please!
- theWrittenRevolution's Publishing Opportunity no. 10
- Questions for Authors
- Writer-Resources has updated their list of off dA literary contests. [The list is located on their front page]
- Picking neurotype's Brain
- WritersInk's Weekly Round-up & Community News
- *babydollvain is Interviewed
- What do you look for in a comment? (literature)" asks Amriah.
- DLD Summer Contest
- Premium Content for Literature- what opportunities do you see? (Discuss!)
- Authors-Club issues a roll call
- WritersInk's July Write Off - Debrief
- Writers of the Revolution, July 21
- Winner of the Week One Challenges from Flash-Fic-Month
- Teenage-Writers updates their Group Story Project and Writer's Knitting Circle
- LOVE-Original-LIT asks members to vot on their contest topic.
- The results of ChasingInk's contest are in.
- EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 32! pomohippie7, hyperfluxy, and doughboycafe
- A few changes around dA-Literature, including a new founder, as well as some submission updates.
- Unseen-Writers asks members to vote on a group rule.
- Modern Fairytales Contest Winners
- Poem-forthe-poemless' Poet of the Week and the group has a new founder.
- Shelf-of-Friends' June's Prompt Contest Winner
- The group, WeeklyLitContests will be on summer break, but will return July 30th.
- Poetry-is-AWESOME announces their contest winner.
- WritersOfTheMoon will resume their prompts in one month.
- Members can now submit to writingmadefun's contest folder and the group is starting a new chat event soon.
- AspiringAuthors is back and begins a discussion about Premium Content.
- Writers4Life checks in with their members.
- Cotnest reminder and a question from DAWritersUnite.
- Authors-Academy reminds members to be on the lookout for a new group feature and announces July's books.
- The founder of Novels-Only will be on vacation, but will be using that time to organize the group.
- Lit-Visual-Alliance's poll: "Vote for your favorite Allied Artwork submitted to the Featured Folder! (voting ends July 24th)"
- TheWritingObsession updates their FAQ & Issues.
- A Contest and group rule update from Lit-WIP.
- TheWritersMeow's poll: " Which deviation did you feel exemplified the Heartbreak prompt best? Please read the rules before voting.
- poetry-book announces the winners of the Zombie Contest.
- #SixWordStories Showcase: July 2nd - July 16th
- An update to Unseen-Writers's weekly theme rules and a general update.
- RawEm0tion updates their Poetry/Prose RPG: Lvl Up
- A few changes and an update from write-to-live
- Love-Literature posts their News Updates
- writersociety's poll: "Whose works do you LEAST care to read?"
- An update from WritingForEveryone.
Literature Links [in other languages!]
- LiteraturaEspanol announces the results of their 29th <span id="result_box" class="" lang="en">exercise</span>. [Spanish]
- Less than 10 days for members to enter LiteraturaBR's monthly contest. [Portuguese]
Back to Top
This Week's Group Spotlight
No group spotlight this week, instead take a look at League of Lit Groups: Vol. 2!
Looking for more groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 2
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt: "Dangerous Games"[July 6th]
- "Cherished", the current weekly theme for RawEm0tion
- Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: Fright
- House-of-Playwrights' fourth July weekly prompt is an Theme/Quote Pairing.
- Week 2.99 Prompt of lit-lash's weekly prompts.
- Writers-Togethers Wednesday Writing Theme: War, destruction..
- Weekly Spontaneity: 17 from SixWordStories
- WritersAreArtistsToo's Writing Wednesdays Prompt.
- TheWritersMeow's Prompt: "Skeletons" [July 22nd]
- One Word Prompt Thursday: Watch from TheWritingObsession
- Prompt #15: Forget is Heart-of-Poetry's newest weekly prompt. [July 28th]
- Weekly Influence #50 from Escape-Of-A-Writer.
- DeviantLITERATURE's Character Conception Challenge Prompt IV [July 28th]
- Writers-Cove's Weekly Theme 3
- Prompt # 3: Daybreak from Writingstream [July 26th]
- Bi-Weekly Prompts: July 15, 2012 from theWrittenRevolution.
- "A Night Under the Stars", Love-Literature's bi-weekly prompt.
- Letters-To-Myself's Writing Prompt: Letters To Lovers.
- PromptMe's Prompt #7
- A Bi-Weekly Prompt from LOVE-Original-LIT [August 1st]
- 'Paradise' is We-Write-To-Escape's fortnightly theme. [July 22nd]
- Literary-Limits' July Challenge: True Freedom [July 24th]
- LiterarySanctuary's July Prompt
- SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts
- Horror-Stories' July Monthly Theme.
- MidtownMagic's Monthly Theme: "Fantasy Noir" [August 31st]
- A Monthly Challenge: June from Unseen-Writers
- Shelf-of-Friends' Prompt: June 2012
Workshops and Challenges:
- Character Conception: Workshop III [July 31st]
- FFF 9: Villanelle Challenge
- Write a Review Challenge
- My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's July Poetry Forms Challenge: Ballad [July 25th]
- A FreeWriters Marathon [October 31st]
- Authors-of-Fantasy and FantasyLiterature's Feedback Pack--July Sign Up [Monthly]
- Wordsmiths-Guild has a new prompt.
- Self-Publishing's Prompt # 3 [July 31st]
- "What If" prompt from WritersOfTheWorld
- 'Hummingbird' is Ecrit-de-la-poesie's prompt.
- lacoterie's Poetry & Prose Prompt [July 27th]
- Literature in Use Project [August]
- The Apocalypse Scenario Prompt from Apocalypse-writing [July 15th]
- YouAsTheNarrator's weekly, bi-weekly and monthly prompts.
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by Masters-of-Poetry.
- Flash Fiction Lives: Creation 5: Ghosts
- LITplease's Poetry and Fiction Prompts: #17: The Muse [July 27th]
- Betrayal or Abandoned are Inspiring-Words' current prompts.
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- SixWordStories’ Inspiration Project Take III-- July
- Literature Lesson 1.04, Literature Lesson 1.03, Literature Lesson 1.02, Literature Lesson 1.01
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- Romance Theme Contest (August 8th)
- =aquadopts's Summer Contest (August 17th)
- #TheWritingHaven's Contest (August 19th)
- "Texture" [Poetry only] (August 20th)
- #AWorldOfFiction's Summer WriMo Contest [Please see link for details] (August 20th)
- #Shelf-of-Friends Prompt Contest (August 31st)
- 4 Elements Contest [Prose only; 2,000 word maximum; please see link for details] (September 9th)
- A "Fat" Female Superhero [Prose only; Please see link for details] (Septhember 17th)
- Apocalyptic Contest [Poetry only; please see link for details] (December 21st)
- #ArtisticlyDivine's Contest (Deadline Unspecified)
Contests Ending This Week:
- Character Creation Contest [Please see link for details] (July 23rd)
- Romance Contest (July 25th)
- 'Three Wishes' (July 29th)
- Poem Contest [Poetry only; please see link for details] (July 30th)
- None this week.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- Lit Fortnightly - 25 April 2012
- The Lit List: Issue 01
- Lit Up! Vol. V
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXIII
- Writers With a Promise - Issue 15
- Friday Night Features LVI
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 72
- The Saturday Spotlight for July 21st, 2012
- DLD to DD July 13th, 2012
- The Acrostics Series: BornBlitzed
- Name Your Droppings vol. 2
- Demonstrably Deviant: Issue VIII
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume X
- The Favorites Project #156, #157, #158
- Special Sundaes- Sammur-amat's Sunday Features
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- #SixWordStories Community Happenings
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #Mythologue's Literary Resources
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- A Verbose Guide to Critiquing
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Character Development: From Beginning to End
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Current 2012 Canadian Magazine Writing Contests
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- writersociety is in need of a new admin.
- One contributor is needed at JustKeepWriting.
- Shelf-of-Friends is looking for a few admins.
- write-to-live is hiring contributors to help with submissions.
- Updated: WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- General Administrators are wanted at Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- writingmadefun would like another admin to help with the group activities.
- Foreign Language Administrator is the current open position at DailyLitDeviations.
- DesperateWriters is hoping for a few new moderators and a co-founder to help out the group.
- A co-founder is need to help run lit-lash.
- The group, Written-Imagination, is looking for a variety of staff members.
- TheShelfLife is looking to be adopted.
- Soul-Poets are looking to fill their contributor positions.
- YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- WeeklyLitContests would like 1 more contributor.
- One contributor is needed at poetry-book.
- Beta-readers are needed at Beta-Readers!
- ThreeThousandWords is looking for one co-founder and two contributors.
- 2 Community Liasons and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
- Critics and contributors are the open positions in CritiqueForPoints.
- DALiteratureContests is looking for 5 Contributors.
- Prose critics are urgently needed in the group GrammarNaziCritiques.
- SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- LiteratureforPoints is in need of 2 Moderators and 10 Contributors.
- A Contibutor position is avaliable at TeenagedLiterature.
- 10 Contributors are wanted at FightToWrite
- WriMo-Writers would like some more admins to help with behind-the-scenes work.
- Motivators, Workshoppers, and Bloggers are needed at FocusOnLit.
- Wannabe-Novelists is looking for some new admins.
- Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- Two admin positions need to be filled at WriterSecretSanta.
- EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- Poetry-Screams wants some administrators.
- WA-writersblock is in need of a new founder.
- Contributors are needed at We-Write-To-Escape.
- New admins are wanted at Unconventional-Story.
- Critiquers are needed at FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- 2 Afilliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at Writers-Workshop
- Critics, admins, and people "interested in helping run and set up events and projects" are needed at devLIT.
- Deviant-Mentor needs Literature Mentors!
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at LitResources.
- Two Contributors are wanted at Written-Love.
- Open Positions over at SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Beccalicious - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
JZLobo - J-Z-Belexes' DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - June 2012
June's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: July
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted? Your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
for letting me help run LITplease's Community Portal and spamming her inbox with countless notes, all while being wonderful.
a LITplease Community Liason and will be helping me with gathering information while being fabulous.
another LITplease Community Liason who helps gather even more information, all while being awesome.
recently hopped on board and became a Community Liason, so go give her a warm welcome, she's rather amazing.
Back to Top