Note: I kinda forgot to feature GrammarNaziCritiques two weeks in a row so I'll be making it up to the group by featuring them again. Sorry about that! Happy New Year! ♥
Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- Rocking around the CRITmas tree!
- Sign Up For My New Literature Roadtrip 2.0
- Tobaeus says This here is mah pimp stick and This is Mah Other Pimp Stick. Pimping.
- Forum Discussion: Tell me about your writing
- "What is the best piece of literature you have read here on dA this year?"
- Just 17 days left of TwilightPoetess' DD and DLD Suggestion Contest!
- PoeticalCondition's Monthly Feature of Works
- How is your Critmas coming along?
- CelestialMemories asks "What do you consider a faux pas when it comes to writing literature?"
- Impromptu Feature
- on perfectionism and why it's bad
- SadisticIceCream posts an interesting poll: Some services are tracking people's e-book reading habits, and the New York Times is speculating on what this means for authors:
- Nichrysalis's poll: "Do you create holiday or seasonal literature/art?"
- LadyLincoln is Looking For New Ladies of Lit Suggestions!
- The Epic Author-Off: Results
- Merry Christmas and Bi-Weekly Winner and Author of the Year Changes are SeductiveInkWell's latest journals.
- Bright-Poets hosts a Puzzle Contest
- BeautyinthePages updates about their contest.
- APictureToA1000Words posts a new journal: It's Been A Long Road...
- First Look at the Literature Roadtrip Team and We Band of Writers: Joys of Lit Communities are LiteratureRoadtrip's newest journals.
- StoriesAndPoemsClub posts a Merry christmas and happy new year journal.
- SixWordStories reminds everyone less than 5 days to get your entries in.
- TheBackOfTheBook updates their admins and guidelines journal.
- Merry Christmas and an Announcement from write-to-live
- Yuletide Greeting and news from Authors-Club
- Well Merry Christmas from Always-Poetry.
- Merry Christmas from PoetrynProseWatchers as well!
- An update and such from Short-Stories.
- Merry Christmas from Short-Stories.
- Fiction-Writers's contest has closed.
- Original-Lit's Winter Poetry Contest - Winner Announced
- My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink asks members to Vote for the Winners of the November/December Forms Challenge:.
- EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 100 and Lit of the Week 101
- Happy Holidays, Gallery Folders and Reminders from AllPoetryIsGolden.
- Seasons Greetings From The Admin Team at WritersInk and a poll: "Do you believe that comics (ongoing stories not single strips) should be accepted within a lit group?"
- A thank you and other news from FictionWriters101
- NaNoWriM0 asks Writing for More than NaNoWriMo?
- Weekend Showcase 28, December 22 from Persistent-Practice
Back to Top
GrammarNaziCritiques is "a group dedicated to providing critiques to writers who want honest critiques instead of wishy-washy comments" and that is precisely what they do! They also have compiled a nice list of literary resources here to help you critique your own work and others. Their front page lists what each of their critics do.
Looking for more groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- FanaticalPublishing lists a wide variety of literature groups.
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 7
- Grouple: Literature + Writing
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- Various Prompts are Live-Love-Write's latest prompts. [December 29th]
- House-of-Playwrights's Weekly-ish Prompt #28 [January 4th, 2014]
- Flash Fan Fiction Friday: "New Beginnings" is LiteraryFanFiction's prompt.
- Weekly Spontaneity: 90 from SixWordStories
- devLIT's Weekly Prompt: Traditions
- Theme of the Week: Sandman from Unseen-Writers
- Glory-Be-Project's Mid-Week Inspirations: Installment 6
- PoetryWithAVoice has a new weekly prompt.
- The Prompt Pool from PoeticalCondition [December 23rd]
- Fortnightly Theme - Holidays [December 23rd]
- theWrittenRevolution's bi-weekly prompt for December 16th [December 29th]
- #SixWordStories' Bi-Weekly Prompt [January 2nd, 2014]
- Versicolor Project [January 5th, 2014]
- Apocalypse-writing's Prompt: Random Prompts [January 17th, 2014]
- ScreamPrompt #41, December 2013
- Letters to your First Love [January 4th, 2014]
- The December Monthly Prompt from Horror-Writers-Unite
- November Forms Challenge--Extended [December 26th]
- December is for Six Word Stories at Multhaiku
- skinnywords has their monthly prompt 8 posted.
- DALiteratureContests's Prompt List was Last Updated: Updated 19 December 2013 05:02 EST) [Various Group's Prompts Listed]
- Souljournalist Challenge - Sign-up [December 31st]
- LOVE-Original-LIT's Holiday Challenge [December 31st]
- A Year of Writing: Let's Write about Pets
Ongoing Challenges [No Deadline]:
- Writing prompts from dA-Literature
- A 50 Theme Challenge from Authors-Academy
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- 100 Poem Topics from Wordsmiths-Guild
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- musical inspiration from theScienceofPoetry
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- Remembrance of a Year that Past : Contest (January 10th, 2014)
- Fill In The Blanks Contest [100 Word Maximum; 10 Line Maximum] (January 12th, 2014)
- Title Poetry Contest [10 Line Minimum; 25 Line Maximum] (February 5th, 2014)
Contests Ending This Week:
- Romance Contest (December 29th)
- Writers4Life’s 5th Annual Writing Contest [3,000 word limit] (December 30th)
- the-life-of-words' Contest(December 30th)
- Christmas/New Years Contest (December 30th)
- Holiday Challenge (December 31st)
- SixWordStories Contest (December 31st)
- A Winter Cathedral - Poetry Contest (December 31st
- SixWordStories Contest [6 Word Stories Only] (December 31st)
- Fantasy Katauta Contest [Poetry Only; Please see link for details] (December 31st)
- 'Tis the Season of Miracles Contest (December 31st)
- Holiday Traditions Contest [Poetry Only] (January 1st, 2014)
- Lung Cancer Awareness: Year Four(January 1st, 2014)
- TheTitlePage's Mini-Contest (January 1st, 2014)
- "Historical Era" (January 6th, 2014)
- 'Tis the Season of Miracles Contest's Deadline Has bene extended until December 31st.
- The December and 2014 contest journals from DALiteratureContests have been updated!
- Writers-and-Editors has their own list of Literature contests.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #53
- 001. Wonderful Wednesday Feature
- The Bi-Weekly Flourish #7
- Friday Night Features CXXII
- Let's Talk Writing: Issue 21
- +WriterWatch (6) with shehrozeameen
- Saturday Spotlight for December 28th, 2013
- Saturday Feature #13
- (19) handpicked: non-fiction
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 143
- Encouragement-Affirmation-Inspiration Feature #3
- DLD to DD for December 24th, 2013
- Amazing Deviants (11) : WeirdandLovely
- Adjusting The Antennae (Ep. 5)
- The Bi-Weekly Flourish #6
- A Call to Conversation (28)--~ithaswhatitisnt
- The Indie Pen Dance - 9 - Jodi McClure
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXXVII
- Literary Compass - Vol. 15
- dAuthors Volume VII: Relativity
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XVIII
- Lit. Daily Pick Volume Volume 11: November 2013
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- Community Happenings from devLIT
- ApocaLit Fridays: Issue #18
- Happenings in the Literature Community
- LITany of Resources - Updated 12 October 2013
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
- Writing Tips, Finding A Muse
Recently Added/Updated Resources
- 50 Rantypants Snidbits Of Random Writing & Storytelling Advice [Off dA Link] Couretesy of raspil.
- Conlanging: A How-To
- How to Hook a Reader
- Some helpful outside dA articles from raspil: Basic Plot Structure - The Five Plotting Moments That Matter and 3 Writing Rules that Can Derail Your Story
- A Guide to Writing Combat-Related Mental Illness
Looking for the rest of the resources? Go to the Community portal, below!
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- A Co-Founder is wanted at Story-Corner.
- Call for Critics over at PoeticalCondition
- Series-Unknown is in need of some admins!
- New Admins Needed at PowerfulWriting.
- Beta-Readers needs some help behind the scenes.
- Poetry Admins to review and critique submissions are currently needed at LOVE-Original-LIT
- Critics, "At the moment poetry specifically, but prose is always welcome as that folder fills fast. If you can do both you're awesome.Requirements: At least one critique per month. May submit own work for critique by other critics. - GrammarNaziCritiques
- Flying-Fingers is looking for admins to help with submisisons and other things.
- A call out for some new admins has been put out by Letters-To-Myself.
- Project Manager and Contest Manager are the open positions at SixWordStories.
- We-Poets, is looking for more admins
- Want to help out at Poetry-Magnet? They're looking for contributors.
- Moderators are needed at Literature-Series.
- SPOTLIGHTWRITERS is looking for some contributors to help approve submissions
- Writers--club is Seeking Critics
- 2 Poetry, 2 Prose and 1 General Administrator are the open positions at DailyLitDeviations.
- Some admins are wanted to help out at Adopt-A-Writer.
- Poetry and Prose Critics are needed at SuperWritersHelp.
- Moderators are needed in the group, FantasyAuthorsGuild
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Love-4-Dark-Poetry is looking for someone to "assume the group and give all involved" attention.
- Contibutor and Co-Founder positions are open at Sacred-Literature.
- Authors-Club would like to hire some admins.
- Story Scouts and general helpers are LiteraryCompass's current open positions.
- FantasyLiterature would like another admin to help with upcoming projects.
- RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- FreeVersePoetry is hiring two critics.
- 1 Community Liaison and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
Beccalicious - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
GrimFace242 - GrimFace242's DD Suggestion Guidelines
DorianHarper - DorianHarpers' DD Suggestion Guidelines
SingingFlames - SingingFlames's DD Suggestion Guidelines [ Fan Fiction ONLY.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature - The Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - December 2013
Literature DD Roundup - November 2013
Literature Forum Rules
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: December
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted; your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
and my favoritest LITplease Community Liaisons.
for letting me run LITplease’s Community Portal.
for telling me about their new group, PocketStories.
Back to Top