Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- Aero's Lit Contest - Winners!
- Flash Drive Alliterati :: Response Submissions
- CelestialMemories's CONTEST Protector+Nightmare has begun
- The next NaNo chat events are Monday, November 18 @ 7pm EST, Thursday, November 21 @ 7pmEST, and Sunday, November 24 @ 11am.
- More Love For Favorites VI
- Message Center: friend or foe?
- NaNoEdMo: A Month for Editing
- mirz-alt asks " What other lit sites do you like?"
- "Create a mini poll-poem"
- Forum Discussion: Pseudo-Official Quarterly Lit Forum Reality Check Thread: RP Edition
- Poem of the Week - #47
- Quotes needed for a Project Educate article! When writing poetry, how do you decide where to break a line? (End-stops or enjambment - I want opinions on both!)
- Nichrysalis has some interesting polls this week: "How many spelling/grammar/punctuation errors can you overlook before a piece is unreadable?, "Does activity from individuals in the lit community equal the sense of community someone experiences?", If you had to choose 3 poetry forms to represent fixed form poetry, what would they be? What is your #1 choice?", and "For each of the poetic devices below, what forms would you most closely associate it with: haiku, sonnet, or villanelle? (may be more than one, but please choose at least one form for each)"
- Aerode is looking for suggestions for his Spudtacular! or +WriterWatch articles.
- WritersInk's Weekly-Roundup
- Aero's Super Secret Santa
- LadyLincoln will be hosting a Ladies of Lit Chat event on November 24th at 7pm EST.
- Just past halfway is LiteraryAbandon's latest NaNo encouragment journal.
- Group Revamp + Upcoming Prompt + 2,000 members is We-Write-To-Escape's latest update.
- theWrittenRevolution posts their Writers of the Revolution: November 16, 2013
- Less than a week left of My-Soul-Bleeds-Inks challenge.
- Writers-Guild-DA reminds members there are less than 2 weeks to get their entries in
- EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 95
- News in other groups from TheCritiquables
- Glory-Be-Project's latest journal: Glory Be! A Plot Wheel!
- An apology from WritersOfTheWorld
- Member News and Events from Superhero-Lit.
- Almost Time For Posting reminds TwoThousandWords
- SeductiveInkWell is starting up a secret santa.
- LiteraryCompass's newest journal entry: New Literary Compass is Here
- An update about their Comments for Comments Contest from LiteraryMovement
- LooseLacesPoetry updates their FAQ
- Novels-Only posts a journal about Wattpad
- Reminders and an update from HumbleWriters
- Evaluations is Adopt-A-Writer's latest journal.
- Some reminders from PoetryVSTheWorld.
- PoeticalCondition updates about their Holiday Traditions Contest and Critique Folder Rules, posts their Our Poet of the Month: November and Critique Department Newsletter Issue 1
- Motivation Monday 23, November 11, Twosome Tuesday 23, November 12!, WHY AM I DOING THIS Wednesday, October 13, Thoughtful Thursday 23, November 14, and Famous Advice Friday 23, November 15 are all from Persistent-Practice
- Find the Errors from Bright-Poets.
- LiteraryPublications has posted a few journals: Icebreaker Event: Time To Write Your Paragraphs, Reminder Update 11/11 ~ Halloween Theme Week, Seasonal Birthday Wishes, LPC Badges, Coming Soon, and Tis The Season.
- poetry-book's Scratch That: Round 1 is underway.
Back to Top
DrippingWords posts 'Lets Talk Writing' every Friday and it features five different writers that she has discovered on dA! She all ready has 21 issues under her belt, that means she's featured over 100 writers! She also loves suggestions so feel free to send her a note.
DrippingWords is wonderful and was more than happy to tell me a bit more about her article!
What was the inspiration for your article, 'Let’s Talk Writing'?
I started the article about a year after I joined deviantArt. I had been following a lot of important people in the Literature community, and I was trying to figure out ways that I could contribute. It was actually because of LadyLincoln; I really admired her participation in the community and I wanted to be like her, so I started the article to help feature other writers.
Do you have a favorite part about writing the article? Why?
I do. My absolute favorite part is the interviewing part. I love reading everyone’s answers while I’m compiling the articles; it’s a very rewarding experience.
How difficult is it to find people to feature?
I’d say moderately. If I don’t have suggestions, I’ll usually spend about twenty minutes to an hour looking for people to feature. So send suggestions, please.
What is the most difficult things about running a weekly article?
Ah, that would be the whole weekly part. I’m super bad at keeping track of time, and before I know it, it’s the night the article is supposed to be released for the next day, and I still have two to three spots to fill in.
Anything else of note that you would like to share?
Purty purty please send in suggestions! Just a note with your favorite writers and people who you think deserve to be featured! And remember, I keep a list of past interviewees here: if someone you love has already been featured, you can go read their interview by clicking on the Issue!
Looking for more groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- FanaticalPublishing lists a wide variety of literature groups.
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 6
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- Writing Prompts from Live-Love-Write. [November 20th]
- House-of-Playwrights's Weekly-ish Prompt #22 [November 23rd]
- Flash Fan Fiction Friday: "Writing" is LiteraryFanFiction's prompt.
- Weekly Spontaneity: 84 from SixWordStories
- Glory-Be-Project's Mid-Week Inspirations: Installment 6
- Theme of the Week: Spider from Unseen-Writers
- PoetryWithAVoice has a new weekly prompt.
- Foto Friday: Full Moon from CRLiterature [November 14th]
- The Prompt Pool [November 17th]
- theWrittenRevolution's bi-weekly prompt for October 21st [November 17th]
- #SixWordStories' Bi-Weekly Prompt [November 20th]
- Versicolor Project [November 24th]
- Apocalypse-writing's Prompt: Another day, another dollar. [November 30th]
- prompt 31 October 2013 - Halloween challenge from FlashFictionLives
- Letters to the end of a Season [November 15th]
- October is for Fan Fiction at Multhaiku
- skinnywords has their monthly prompt 8 posted.
- My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's November Challenge
- lacoterie's October Prompts
- DALiteratureContests's Prompt List was Last Updated: Updated 16 November 2013 16:30 EST) [Various Group's Prompts Listed]
- Writing Out Our Love (Challenge)
- Forum Prompt (prose & poetry)
- "You are a leaf...", is Ecrit-de-la-poesie's prompt.
- Literature Critique Challenge
- OfSweetSerendipity's Prompts #8
Ongoing Challenges [No Deadline]:
- Writing prompts from dA-Literature
- A 50 Theme Challenge from Authors-Academy
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- 100 Poem Topics from Wordsmiths-Guild
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- musical inspiration from theScienceofPoetry
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- Thankful Contest (November 28th)
- The 5-Day Prompt-Play Contest (December 9th to December 13th)
- 'Not That Different' Contest [Poetry Only] (December 14th)
- The Joys Of The Season (December 22nd)
- Lung Cancer Awareness: Year Four(January 1st, 2014)
- CONTEST Protector+Nightmare [Prose Only; 800 word minimum; 5 chapter maximum] (May 31st, 2014)
Contests Ending This Week:
- Written-Life's Contest [Please see link for details] (November 18th)
- The 'Epic' Author-Off [500 word maximum for prose; 40 line maximum for poetry] (November 24th)
- The November and December contest journals from DALiteratureContests have been updated!
- Writers-and-Editors has their own list of Literature contests.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #53
- Friday Night Features CXXII
- Let's Talk Writing: Issue 21
- +WriterWatch (3) with WeirdAndLovely
- Saturday Spotlight for November 16th, 2013
- Saturday Feature #13
- (14) handpicked: the end
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 138
- DLD to DD for November 12th, 2013
- Amazing Deviants (10) : MagicalJoey
- Adjusting The Antennae (Ep. 1)
- A Call to Conversation (28)--~ithaswhatitisnt
- The Indie Pen Dance - 8 - P. Anastasia
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXXVI
- Literary Compass - Vol. 14
- dAuthors Volume VI : The Chronicles of Loreithia
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XVI
- Lit. Daily Pick Volume 10: October 2013
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- ApocaLit Fridays: Issue #17
- Happenings in the Literature Community
- LITany of Resources - Updated 12 October 2013
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
- Writing Tips, Finding A Muse
Recently Added/Updated Resources
- How to Hook a Reader
- Some helpful outside dA articles from raspil: Basic Plot Structure - The Five Plotting Moments That Matter and 3 Writing Rules that Can Derail Your Story
- A Guide to Writing Combat-Related Mental Illness
Looking for the rest of the resources? Go to the Community portal, below!
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- Critics, "At the moment poetry specifically, but prose is always welcome as that folder fills fast. If you can do both you're awesome.Requirements: At least one critique per month. May submit own work for critique by other critics. - GrammarNaziCritiques
- Love-Literature would like some admins.
- Flying-Fingers is looking for admins to help with submisisons and other things.
- A call out for some new admins has been put out by Letters-To-Myself.
- Project Managed and Contest Manager are the open positions at SixWordStories.
- We-Poets, is looking for more admins
- Want to help out at Poetry-Magnet? They're looking for contributors.
- Moderators are needed at Literature-Series.
- SPOTLIGHTWRITERS is looking for some contributors to help approve submissions
- Writers--club is Seeking Critics
- 2 Poetry, 2 Prose and 1 General Administrator are the open positions at DailyLitDeviations.
- Some admins are wanted to help out at Adopt-A-Writer.
- Poetry and Prose Critics are needed at SuperWritersHelp.
- Glory-Be-Project would like some new contributors.
- ink-slingers is looking for admins.
- Contributors are wanted at Soul-Poets
- Moderators are needed in the group, FantasyAuthorsGuild
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Love-4-Dark-Poetry is looking for someone to "assume the group and give all involved" attention.
- Contibutor and Co-Founder positions are open at Sacred-Literature.
- Authors-Club would like to hire some admins.
- Story Scouts and general helpers are LiteraryCompass's current open positions.
- FantasyLiterature would like another admin to help with upcoming projects.
- RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- FreeVersePoetry is hiring two critics.
- 1 Community Liaison and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
Beccalicious - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
GrimFace242 - GrimFace242's DD Suggestion Guidelines
DorianHarper - star-blazer's DD Suggestion Guidelines
SingingFlames - SingingFlames's DD Suggestion Guidelines [ Fan Fiction ONLY.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature - The Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - November 2013
Literature DD Roundup - October 2013
Literature Forum Rules
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: November
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted; your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
, and my favoritest LITplease Community Liaisons.
for letting me run LITplease’s Community Portal.
who let me know about her contest!
Back to Top