Note: Hug your thorny coconut empress, `thorns as she has hung up her CR hat
Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
Project Educate: Poetry Forms Week
- PE: Poetry Forms Week!
- Yes You Can!
- The Villanelle
- PE: Poetry Forms- An A-Z
- France's Fancy Fixed Forms: Rondeau and Friends
- Project Educate: Free Verse
- PE - SciFaiku Poetry Form
- Poetic Meter: A Complete Reference Manual
- The Ghazal: An Introduction
- Project Educate: Interview with =Sammur-Amat
- PE: Interview with some dA Haiku Masters
- Why Form?
- Project Educate: Haiku, Senryu, Tanka, and Renga
- Breaks: Slam and Style
- Beauty in Structure: A How-To of Form Poetry
- How-to: The Sestina
- Poetry Form Week Roundup
- Literature Gallery Restructure, The Lit gallery is getting an overhaul, please weigh-in!
- I'd like to make it worth your while
- Forum Discussion: Why do you think you're special?
- Performance Poetry - The Seven Deadly Isms
- Forum Discussion: What shelf does your book fit on in the store?
- Forum Discussion: Are you proud of your work?
- " Fill in the blank (and feel free to elaborate in comments): Most of the fiction I write fits..."
- "Can you define "literary" fiction?" is #CRLiterature's latest poll.
- #WritersInk's (A Very Calm) Weekly Round-Up
- "Did you grow up learning any stories, songs, or folktales from your country (or if you are from an immigrant family, from your family's country?) If so, which ones made the most impression on you?" asks =doughboycafe and also wants to know if "you have a piece in your gallery that you *love* but hasn't gotten much attention?"
- #theWrittenRevolution's Writers of the Revolution March 9, 2013
- Thank you Lady Coconut!
- On March 31st at 7pm EST `LadyLincoln will be holding a special critiquing session for =Sammur-amat!
- "Hello My Loves" is #FictionWriters101's newest journal.
- #AuthorsEscape posts a journal.
- An update and no winner for #writingmadefun's last contest due to insufficient entries.
- #TheWritersMeow asks members " Which deviation did you feel exemplified the prompt "Somehow I Knew" best? Please read the rules before voting."
- #poetry-book's Sratch That! Round 6 is closed and the group has some announcements.
- #LiteratureforPoints has a few updates
- A tie breaker vote is taking place at #Calling-All-Poetry. until the 25th.
- #WritersInk announces their March Write-Off Winner and asks "Why Read?
- An update from #LiteraryCompass.
- #PowerfulWriting has implmented some new submissions rules.
- #FightToWrite shares some information about an off-dA award.
- #We-Poets has two new journals
- The group, #Short-Stories has some news and updates.
- Contests and other things from #KnightsOfRomance.
- #writers-central announces the winners of their Valentines contest.
- #EliteLiterature's poll: " Did you know you can nominate work from #EliteLiterature's gallery to be in the Lit of the Week poll?" and posts their Lit of the Week 64! *TristanCody, ~TheGlassIris and ~Fleeting-Epiphany
- Some news from #StoriesAndPoemsClub.
Literature Links [in other languages!]
- #LetraHispana updates about their contest. [Spanish]
- #NotreForteresseBrule's contest has ended and the update their affiliates journal. [French]
Back to Top
#StoriesAndPoemsClub is a general literature group that has been helping bring writers together for just over three years. The group has a very diverse gallery so be sure to give it a quick browse. Click here to learn a little more about this group's admins.
~dragonflame15 the founder of #StoriesAndPoemsClub kindly answered a few questions about the group.
Can you explain a bit about your group, #StoriesAndPoemsClub and what makes it different from other literature groups on dA?
The #StoriesAndPoemsClub aims to welcome any writers who need encouragement or just simply want to interact with others who have a passion for writing. We also offer to make a folder for those who have uploaded novels into the group. We include the new novel folders in monthly journals to promote aspiring writers.
When you created the group three years ago, what was your initial goal? Has that changed since then?
My friend ~AnnaVass and I three years ago were talking about how great it would be to create a group where anyone could join and upload their literature. We hoped that the simple joining rules would make the group seem more friendly and approachable. Initially, we wanted to target those who were unsure of their skills in writing or just needed encouragement through critique. From there it grew targeting both those who need encouragement to any writers on deviantART.
What kind of future projects, contests, and events can we expect from #StoriesAndPoemsClub?
Hopefully in the future there’ll be more contests with more prizes thanks to #AnotherContestGroup! They are an amazing group who offer a variety of prizes for group competitions. I also had an idea recently to do either weekly or monthly features of the best writings in the different types of literature. For example, for one week it would be poetry then the next week prose, etc.
Anything else of note that you would like to share?
Our group welcomes anyone who would like to join a literature group! We hope that you enjoy being in our simple and friendly group! Also thanks so much for promoting our group!
Looking for more groups?
- `leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- #Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 4
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- There is a new Writing Prompt from #Live-Love-Write. [March 17th]
- #TheWritersMeow has a new weekly prompt,"The Book Beside You". [March 22nd]
- "Eggrolls" is #wordflight's latest weekly prompt.
- "Success" is #Poem-forthe-poemless' thirteenth weekly prompt.
- #Unseen-Writers's Theme of the Week: Regret
- Weekly Spontaneity: 49 from #SixWordStories
- ITU Prompt 4 - January 15th, 2013 [March 15th]
- #theWrittenRevolution's bi-weekly Prompt: March 4, 2013 [March 16th]
- Prompt #7 from #Freedom-From-Words [March 21st]
- "innocence lost" is #We-Poets's new bi-weekly challenge. [March 25th]
- Week five prompts from #paper-forests
- #ReadandBeRead has a new February Prompt [March 5th]
- "Superstitions" is #PoeticalCondition's March prompt. [March 25th]
- #SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts [March 28th]
- March Prompt from #Wordsmiths-Guild [March 30th]
- ScreamPrompt #33, March 2013 [March 31st]
- #Letters-To-Myself's February Prompt: Letters About Luck. [March 31st]
- Prompt #8: Clover Triplets from #Literary-Limits [March 31st]
- March Prompt:"Anti-Emotional" from #KnightsOfRomance. [March 31st]
- #Sacred-Literature's monthly prompt is "Write a poem about Night-time."
- #Inspiring-Words' prompt is "Fantasy Western". [March 19th]
- March's Prompt Challenge from #FreeVersePoetry [March 21st]
- #TheMarmaladeTree's newest Prompts: 17 March 2013 - 23 March 2013 [March 23rd]
- Poetry Poker Challenge [March 31st]
- #PoetryVSTheWorld has opened Sign-ups for April's Writing Tourney [March 31st]
- #lacoterie's Weekly Challenges and prompts [March 31st]
- prompt 2 from #skinnywords
- #Another-Poetry-Group is hosting a 10 Minute Poetry Raw Challenge.
- #My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's March - Poetry Forms Challenge
- #We-Poets has some various prompts.
- "Energy" is #TheCritiquables's prompt.
- "From the Shadows, You Hear a Voice..." is #MidtownMagic's latest prompt.
- #Love-Literature's weekly and monthly prompts.
- A Valentines Day challenge from #Proofreading-Office.
Ongoing Challenges [No Deadline]:
- #Shelf-of-Friends' Collaboration Project
- The group, #LiteratureJunkies has issued a Smell Story Challenge
- Writing prompts from #dA-Literature
- A 50 Theme Challenge from #Authors-Academy
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by #JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from #FeatheredWords.
- #full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- #LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by #Masters-of-Poetry.
- #Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- Navy's 20th Birthday Character Contest (March 26th)
- Use Your Imagination (April 10th)
- Haiku Contest (April 12th)
- Self Portrait Contest (April 30th)
- Spring Contest [Prose only] (May 15th)
Contests Ending This Week:
- Haiga Contest (March 20th)
- #PVSTW Mini-Contest 1: Begin Critiques (March 21st)
- #FreeVersePoetry's Contest [Poetry only] (March 21st)
- PE: Two Forms, One Theme Contest! [Poetry only; please see link for details] (March 25th)
*outsidelogic's Writing Contest [250 word maximum] (March 22nd)
- March 20th is the Haiga Contest's new deadline.
- `mirz-alt's Valentine's Contest has been extended until May 31st
Menagerie of Literature Contests: Updated 3/17 Literature Contests and Contests That Accept Literature!
January | February | March | April | May | June | July | August | September | October | November | December | Critique Contests | Unspecified
Space saving is fun.
Haiga Contest (March 20th)
#PVSTW Mini-Contest 1: Poison [Poetry only] (March 21st)
Here is my full list of contests!
- There is also a group dedicated to listing Literature contests around dA, #DALiteratureContests, if you're still looking for more contests!
- #Writers-and-Editors has their own list of Literature contests.
- #Love-Literature Loves Contests
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXIX
- A Symbol View with ^NicSwaner
- Literary Compass - Vol. 6
- Be A Critic Volume 10
- Writing Without Publishing: Exillior speaks
- The Indie Pen Dance - Issue 1 - Damon Wakes
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #34
- Friday Night Features XC
- Fabulous Friday Feature 23
- Saturday Morning Features - 13
- The Saturday Spotlight for March 16th, 2013
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 105
- Sundae Treat- Sammur-amat's Sunday Feature
- DLD to DD March 12th, 2013
- A Call to Conversation (6)-*PursuingTheCerberus
- 30 Writers Re-Discovery: Volume XIV
- The Favorites Project #183, #184, #185
- Lit Daily Pick Volume 2: February 2013
- Let's Talk Writing: Issue 15
- The Hidden Artist: Writer Feature 2
- Communal Karma #2
- Group Therapy : Literature
- The E-Literature Catalog - Spoken Word
- #theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- #PoeticalCondition's Community Update III
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to ~apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
- Writing Tips, Finding A Muse
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- #LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- illuminara's Writing Guides
- The Ultimate Writing Guide
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- The Basics of Comma Usage
- Proofreading Tips #2 Semicolon Conjunctive Adverbs
- How to Write Fan Fiction - Part 1 and Part 2
- How to Write Euphonically
- Writing Tutorial: Dialogue
- yWriter5 Word Processor [Off dA Link]
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Quick Tips: Prose
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Back-To-Basics Screenwriting With Snappy
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- How to Write a Romance
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- "On Writing Love Poetry
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Writer Notes - Characters
- Characterization and Names
- Describing your Characters
- A Writer's Guide: Believable Characters
- A Guide to Character Sheets
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- Writing Opportunities (Publishing)
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- ~apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: #DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
- Chautauqua Literary Journal
- Pocket Thoughts
- Quantum Fairy Tales
- Asymptote Journal
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- Contributors wanted at #LiterallyUnknown
- #CRLiterature is looking for Backroom Contributors
- Story Scouts and general helpers are #LiteraryCompass's current open positions.
- Various gallery moderators and some Co-Founders are need at #Inspiring-Words.
- #FantasyLiterature would like a few more admins to help with upcoming projects.
- #TheBackOfTheBook is seeking more admins.
- A founder to run the group #Apocalypse-writing is needed.
- One contributor is #LiteratureforPoints's current open position.
- #TheWritersMeow is seeking 7 different gallery moderators.
- A Contest Creator & Prizes Provider is needed at the group #Written-Imagination
- #SuperWritersHelp is in need of poetry and prose critics.
- One Contributor is wanted at #Sacred-Literature.
- 2 Poetry, 2 Prose and 1 Foreign Language Admin are the open positions at =DailyLitDeviations.
- #Creative-Writers is looking for an admin to help run the group.
- A Contributor to help out the group, #Literary-Perceptions is wanted.
- #FictionWriters101 needs a co-founder and 3 contributors.
- #SixWordStories has put out a Call for Contributors.
- Critics are wanted in the group, #GrammarNaziCritiques
- #JustKeepWriting is looking to find someone to post their Weekly Selections feature.
- On-going admin positions are currently available at #NaHaiWriMo
- Some admins are wanted to help with the group, #WritersOfTheWorld
- A new founder is wanted to take over the group, #Painted-From-Words.
- Tutorial and motivational article writes are wanted at #writeaway.
- One co-founder is wanted to help keep the group running smoothly at #Authors-Academy
- A founder is needed at the group, #BleedingHeartsPoetry.
- The group, #Writing-My-Soul, would like to add one contributor to help with submissions.
- #devLIT is looking for some extra help around the group.
- Contributors are needed at #TheScribblists.
- General Administrators are wanted at #Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- Two Match Makers are #Beta-Readers' current open positions.
- 1 Community Liaison and 2 Critics are needed over at #LITplease.
- #LOVE-Original-LIT is in need of Prose and Poetry admins as well as a judge for group hosted contests.
- Voters and weekly and monthly bloggers are wanted at #Letters-To-Myself
- One admin position is available at #TeenagedLiterature.
- #RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- 2 assistants, prize commissioners, 1 News crew, and critics are #APictureToA1000Words’s current admin vacancies.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, #Live-Love-Write.
- A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run #lit-lash.
- #EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at #lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at #Writers-Workshop
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at #LitResources.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
^Beccalicious - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
^neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
^NicSwaner - NicSwaner's DD Suggestion Guidelines
^JZLobo - JZLobo's DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - January 2013 / February 2013
February's Literature Daily Deviations
Literature Forum Rules
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: March
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted; your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
, and my favoritest #LITplease Community Liaisons.
for letting me run #LITplease’s Community Portal.
Back to Top