Note: Since they're still awesome(and will always be awesome) give even more love to our new lit seniors: `raspil. `thetaoofchaos, `vespera, `dreamsinstatic, `OfOneSoul, `FuzzyHoser, `MagicalJoey, ^GrimFace242, and `mirz-alt!
Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- My Prompt Journal (Lit Community Experiment cont.)
- ^Beccalicious' poll: "Are your deviations really in the right category?"
- December Freestyle Challenge - Feature
- "alright, so what the hell do you want to see from your friendly neighborhood lit cvs?" asks ^neurotype
- Writers of the Revolution, January 20th
- Forum Discussion: Learning about the craft vs. Learning the craft
- Let's Talk Writing: List of Interviewees
- New Readings from #Elocutionists
- The DD Team
- Lit-Visual Alliance Allied Artwork Feature #7
- #SixWordStories: Monthly Showcase
- Holiday Prompt Contest Winners!
- Forum Discussion: Unofficial Lit Forum Cock-Measuring Party
- The Next Big Thing
- Forum Discussion: How to write convincing characters?
- Juding is underway for =CelestialMemories' latest contest.
- Lit screens don't work, and dA knows it
- #SixWordStories Feature: Nov. 24th - Jan. 14th
- %WritersInk's Weekly Round-up
- Magic of Memories Comp Winners
- Interview: Going pro with abstract1106
- #Poets-and-Warriors' Weekly Feature: Prose
- Haiku Game Insanity
- DDs: An Introduction
- `JZLobo's poll: "Looking for [fan-fiction] critique?"
- So you want to join the dA lit community? Part II, Part III and Part IV.
- ABNA 2013 an update from #LiteraryAbandon regarding the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards.
- We Need To Fix Up TWS is #The-Writers-Study's newest blog.
- Some updates and a request from #Story-Corner.
- %WritersInk's Write Off is Coming.
- A belated update from #LiteratureKingdom,
- %TheWritersMeow's poll: " Which deviation did you feel exemplified the Fable prompt best? Please read the rules before voting."
- An update from #PennyStories
- #Love-Literature's Interview With An Admin: ~ASortaSadSoliloquy
- There is a new folder at #AskMeToWriteAPoem and the group also announces the winners of their contest.
- #Writers--club's Writing Tournament 2013 has begun.
- A Feature of Works, Updates and a Welcome from %PoeticalCondition, they also post their member of the month.
- #EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 56! *Blacksand459, =whatpumpkins and *EmaciatedandEpitaphs
- A January update from #WriteRoomies.
- #writingmadefun's Do You Know My Name contest has ended.
- The Narrow Road contest winners have been announced. Contest hosted by #the-haiku-club.
- #Heart-of-Poetry updates theiraffiliates news blog.
- Critiques, #writingclub's newest journal.
- Somewhere Over the Rainbow
- #TheCritiquables has implemented some new rules and has a new poll: "If submissions are based on commenting/critiquing on the "underappreciated works" feature, would you comment? In short, is the system friendly?"
- ITU Promotion: Prompts Journal! (CRLiterature) from #InspireTheUninspired
- "Potential Contest Time!" from #LITplease
- Bad news regarding the future of the group, #OnlyPoetry.
- Some Poetic Inspiration, then a little bit more and then some more inspiration from ~confessional-poetry.
- #EliteLiterature asks " Do you have your own website/blog?"
- #Short-Stories has a new featured artist of the week, some updates, issues a reminder about submitting to folders, and posts another update.
- An update from ~LitLoveCommunity.
Literature Links [in other languages!]
- 'My Valentine, hosted by #LetraHispana runs until February 14th [Spanish]
- %NotreForteresseBrule is hosting a contest, 'Our Fortress is Burning' [French]
- Competition: Unfair Play, Ethereal Comics and Books an update from #AmiciNeiSogni. [Italian]
Back to Top
#Heart-of-Poetry's main focus is poetry, however, "this group is dedicated to all literature -- poetry, prose, novels, etc. Our main purpose is to support, inspire, and encourage aspiring poets and authors." They hold a weekly prompt and are just a very warm and supportive group. Click here to learn a little more about this group's admins.
*Oilux, the co-founder of #Heart-of-Poetry, was kind enough to let me ask her a few questions regarding the group.
Can you explain a bit about your group, #Heart-of-Poetry, and what makes it different from other literature groups on dA?
Heart-of-Poetry is an amazing literature group where we accept any kinds of writing, no matter what subject it's on. I like to think that what makes us different from other literature groups is our activity, weekly prompts, and interactive members. It's an amazing group where we try to make everyone feel great about who they are, improve their skills, and even talk to them on a constant basis.
"Support, inspire, encourage." is the group's tagline, what are some of the things you do for your members to support this?
Support: for every deviation that is accepted, it is read by myself before it is included. Now one comment left here on our group has gotten ignored, and we try to cater to every single person to make sure that they feel supported.
Inspire: our weekly prompts are meant to inspire as well as the contests that we have. We here are meant to inspire and encourage people to do their best so that they can always be proud of whatever they accomplish.
Encourage: we never deny a deviation into our group unless they are submitted to the wrong folder, and even then we let them know that they have completed a masterpiece and that it should be shared. There is no such thing as bad poetry, there is simply different idea's about what poetry is.
Will there be any future projects and events can we expect from #Heart-of-Poetry?
Hopefully soon, we will have another contest. We have yet to decide on the theme, but there most certainly will be another contest soon. Until then though, we have our weekly prompts that entertain everyone.
In your opinion, what has been the most challenging aspect of running the group? Rewarding?
The most challenging aspect is remembering that every week there should be a new prompt. It's well worth it though when I look at the pieces that people have written for the prompt and seeing how amazing they are indeed. Truly all the work that goes into this group is so amazing because we get to see so many others improve and age as writers.
Anything else of note that you would like to share?
No, but thank you for giving me the chance to answer these questions.
- Rules [Located on the left-hand side]
- Current Weekly Prompt: #37
- List of Past Prompts [Widget on the right-hand side]
Looking for more groups?
- `leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- %Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 4
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- #Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt is an art prompt. [January 20th]
- Prompt 37 from #Heart-of-Poetry [January 24th]
- %TheWritersMeow has a new weekly prompt,"The End of All Things". [January 25th]
- "Stress" is #Poem-forthe-poemless' fifth weekly prompt.
- Weekly Spontaneity: 41 from #SixWordStories
- #Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: The Letter 'Y'
- %Writers-Extrodinaire has a new prompt for this week.
- Theme Of The Week #5 from #KnightsOfRomance.
- ~PoetryWeek's bi-weekly prompt is "Serendipity". [January 16th]
- ITU Prompt 3 [January 18th]
- %theWrittenRevolution's Prompt: January 7, 2013[January 20th]
- The Bi-Monthly prompt for %PoeticalCondition is "Mummification"
- %My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's January Forms Challenge: Alliterisen [January 22nd]
- #SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts [January 28th]
- ScreamPrompt #31, January 2013 [January 31st]
- #Letters-To-Myself's January Prompt: Letters to A New You. [February 1st]
- January's Theme of the Month from #APictureToA1000Words
- Prompt: Ace of Suns is ~Literary-Limits' monthly prompt.
- Prose and Poetry Monthly Prompts from %lacoterie.
- #Sacred-Literature's Monthly Prompt
Workshops and Challenges:
- Glory Be! Day 14 JANUARY RENGA TREE [January 31st]
- Free Verse Workshop hosted by #Writers-Workshop
- Challenge #6: Winter Woes
- 'Snow' is #Your-Soul-In-Writing's prompt. [January 20th]
- Sharing Presents During The New Year hosted by #Fiction-Writers [February 10th]
- #Love-Literature's weekly and monthly prompts.
- #Writers-Of-Our-Time's prompt: "Until the very end."
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- #Shelf-of-Friends' Collaboration Project
- Writing prompts from #dA-Literature
- A 50 Theme Challenge from #Authors-Academy
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by #JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from #FeatheredWords.
- #full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- #LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by #Masters-of-Poetry.
- #Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- #To-Our-Family's Prompt Contest (January 31st)
- Lousy Valentines Day Contest [Prose only; 2,000 word limit] (February 14th)
- Review Competition (February 14th)
- The Alternate Universe Contest [Please see link for details] (February 18th)
- Colors Contest [Prose 250 word minimium and 2,000 word maximum; poetry 3 line minimum and 75 line maximum; please see link for details] (February 28th)
- Sing Me A Swan Song Contest [4,000 word limit] (March 1st)
- 'Prose Scrap' Mini-Collab Contest [Please see link for details] (March 3rd)
- Ask Me This (March 15th)
Contests Ending This Week:
- 2013 and a Time Machine [5-45 lines for poetry; 200-1,200 word limit for prose; please see link for details] (January 21st)
- Orwell for This Age: Prompt/Contest [Prose only; please see link for details] (January 27th)
- There is also a group dedicated to listing Literature contests around dA, #DALiteratureContests, if you're still looking for more contests!
- #Writers-and-Editors has their own list of Literature contests.
- #Love-Literature Loves Contests
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXVII
- A Symbol View with ^NicSwaner
- Literary Compass - Vol. 3
- Be A Critic Volume 6
- Writing Without Publishing: Exillior speaks
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #27
- Friday Night Features LXXXII
- Fabulous Friday Feature 15: Death
- Saturday Morning Features - 10
- The Saturday Spotlight for January 19th, 2013
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 98
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XIII
- The Favorites Project #183, #184, #185
- DLD to DD January 6, 2013
- The Hidden Artist: Writer Feature 2
- Communal Karma #1
- Group Therapy : Literature
- %theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to `apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- #LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Back-To-Basics Screenwriting With Snappy
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- `apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: #DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
- Chautauqua Literary Journal
- Pocket Thoughts
- Quantum Fairy Tales
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- Poetry, Prose, General, and Organisational Admins are all needed at the group #Written-Imagination
- 1 Blogger and 2 Gallery Moderator positions are open at #InspireTheUninspired
- One co-founder is wanted to help keep the group running smoothly at #Authors-Academy
- Two Contributors are wanted at #WordsOfPower.
- A founder is needed at the group, ~BleedingHeartsPoetry.
- #PowerfulWriting would like a few more contributors.
- The group, #Writing-My-Soul, would like to add one contributor to help with submissions.
- #devLIT is looking for some extra help around the group.
- ~TheseWordsaremyheart is looking for a founder to take over the group.
- Contributors are needed at %TheScribblists.
- General Administrators are wanted at #Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- The group, #Your-Soul-In-Writing is looking for someone to take over the group.
- %SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- Two Match Makers are #Beta-Readers' current open positions.
- #Calling-All-Poetry would like 2 general admins.
- #Kakikotoba would like a few contributors to help out with the group.
- 1 Community Liaison and 2 Critics are needed over at #LITplease.
- The group, #FlashFictionLives is looking for some active members to help run the group.
- #LOVE-Original-LIT is in need of Prose and Poetry admins as well as a judge for group hosted contests.
- Voters and weekly and monthly bloggers are wanted at #Letters-To-Myself
- One admin position is available at #TeenagedLiterature.
- #RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- #FictionWriters101 needs a co-founder and contributors.
- 2 assistants, prize commissioners, 1 News crew, and critics are #APictureToA1000Words’s current admin vacancies.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, #Live-Love-Write.
- A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run #lit-lash.
- A Sci-Fi Short Story Folder Manager is needed at %FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- #WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- #YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- #Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- #EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- New admins are wanted at #Unconventional-Story.
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at %lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at #Writers-Workshop
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at #LitResources.
- Open Positions over at #SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
`thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
^Beccalicious - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
^neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
`NicBelroque - NicSwaner's DD Suggestion Guidelines
`JZLobo - JZLobo's DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - December 2012 / January 2013
December's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: January
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted; your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
and , my favoritest #LITplease Community Liaisons.
for letting me run #LITplease’s Community Portal.
for sending me an update about her contest!
Back to Top