Note: Go give some hugs to all our new seniors! Extra love to our litters: raspil. thetaoofchaos, vespera, dreamsinstatic, OfOneSoul, FuzzyHoser, MagicalJoey, GrimFace242, and mirz-alt!
Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- Fanfiction, Fiction, and Nonfiction
- My Prompt Journal (Lit Community Experiment cont.)
- Forum Discussion: YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.
- No One Cares About Your Story
- Forum Discussion: New Lit Seniors
- "Wanna play a game?" Nichrysalis does [and he invites you to as well]!
- The War Story Contest: Grand Prize Showcase
- BloodshotInk asks "If poetry is presented to you over an image are you more likely to read it?"
- Critmas: results!
- " Do you consider self-publishing to be the same/as good as being published? asks The-Magic-Within.
- So you want to join the dA lit community? Part II, Part III and Part IV.
- EliteLiterature asks "Will physical books become a novel commodity in the near or distant future? Why?
- "Does it matter what form you start writing with (poems, short stories, novels, etc.)?" SadisticIceCream wants to know.
- WritersInk's Weekly Round-Up
- Writers of the Revolution, January 6th
- ITU Feature 11 - January 7th, 2013
- Memnalar asks " Which of these would you read?"
- " Will you be entering our "New Years Resolutions" contest?" asks Love-Literature
- Open-Mic-Poetry A hello and short update from Open-Mic-Poetry.
- Who the hell are you?(Or something less aggressive.) a blog from LitLoveCommunity
- The winners of Writers4Life's contest are announced.
- A reminder and Keep reading and writing a blog from PennyStories.
- The winners of writingmadefun's contest have been revealed.
- TheWritersMeow asks " Which deviation did you feel exemplified the New Beginnings prompt best? Please read the rules before voting." and posts a blog with some Happenings in the Literature Community.
- EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 55! ~pseudometry, ~hyperfluxy and *Psyghostis
- A hello from the new founder of Penpa.
- Self-Publishing's blog 25 Insights On Becoming a Better Writer
- There are now Genre specific folders for fiction and poetry in TheScribblists' gallery.
- knownames shares the Exquisite Corpse Poem some members came up with.
- A Winter Only World Contest Winner [hosted by PoeticalCondition] have been announced. They also give a huge thank you and feature in their recent journal.
- The founder of Writers-At-Heart will be on a temporary hiatus.
- A discussion from InspireTheUninspired regarding US English Curriculum.
- Small update from AuthorsEscape.
- The contest reults from ChasingInk's contest have been announced.
- poetry-book announces the Round 3 Results of Scratch that and begins Round 4.
- Secret Santa Reveals! + Housekeeping from Teenage-Writers
- Write to Write a blog from Lit-WIP
- Feature: #devART-Writers Winners
- Critique Challenge Features from SuperWritersHelp
- devART-Writers' contest results have been revealed..
- Glory-Be-Project updates with a few journals: Glory Be! Day 7 and Day 10
- The results of StoriesAndPoemsClub's competition have been announced.
- WritersInk's poll: " deviantART has recently changed how preview images for literature deviations are displayed. What are your thoughts?"
Literature Links [in other languages!]
- NotreForteresseBrule is hosting a contest, 'Our Fortress is Burning' [French]
- Competition: Unfair Play, Ethereal Comics and Books an update from AmiciNeiSogni. [Italian]
- Voting continues until January 20th for ArteScritta's contest. [Italian]
Back to Top
This Week's Spotlight
Seniority Announcements - January 2013
This article marks the latest additions to the dizzy height of Senior members in our community. With just over 1000 deviants holding the highly saught after ` -- it's clearly a moment that deserves recognition.
So what does it take to become a Senior? That's a question many have asked and have never really been able to get a straight answer on. Some have gained Seniority as a thank you for their time spent as a Volunteer, or to recognise their contribution to a particular project or collaborative action. Some have gained Seniority because of their community spirit, providing help and assistance to many other deviants and taking time out to promote the work of others in the community.
Some people have received Seniority because of their artistic endevours, having a positive influence on their peers by sharing resources, providing constructive criticism and by being a voice that stands out above the many other
No group spotlight again, instead take this time to go hug the new elderly deviants.
Looking for more groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 4
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- TheWritersMeow has a new weekly prompt,"Fable". [January 18th]
- Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt is an art prompt. [January 20th]
- Writers-Extrodinaire has a new prompt for this week.
- Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: The Letter 'Y'
- Weekly Spontaneity: 40 from SixWordStories
- "Misfortune" is Poem-forthe-poemless' fourth weekly prompt.
- Theme Of The Week #5 from KnightsOfRomance.
- PoetryWeek's bi-weekly prompt is "Serendipity". [January 16th]
- ITU Prompt 3 [January 18th]
- theWrittenRevolution's Prompt: January 7, 2013[January 20th]
- The Bi-Monthly prompt for PoeticalCondition is "Escalators"
- Letters-To-Myself's January Prompt: Letters to A New You. [February 1st]
- January's Theme of the Month from APictureToA1000Words
- ScreamPrompt #31, January 2013 [January 31st]
- My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's January Forms Challenge: Alliterisen [January 22nd]
- SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts [January 14th]
- Prompt: Ace of Suns is Literary-Limits' monthly prompt.
- Prose and Poetry Monthly Prompts from lacoterie.
- Sacred-Literature's Monthly Prompt
Workshops and Challenges:
- 'Snow' is Your-Soul-In-Writing's prompt. [January 20th]
- Sharing Presents During The New Year hosted by Fiction-Writers [February 10th]
- Love-Literature's weekly and monthly prompts.
- Writers-Of-Our-Time's prompt: "Until the very end."
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- Shelf-of-Friends' Collaboration Project Writing prompts from dA-Literature</li>
- A 50 Theme Challenge from Authors-Academy
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by Masters-of-Poetry.
- Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
Contests Ending This Week:
- The Pick'N'Mix Contest (January 15th)
- Four Line Long Poems [Poetry only; please see link for details] (January 15th)
- Holiday Prompt Contest [1,500 word limit; please see link for details] (January 15th)
- 2013 and a Time Machine [5-45 lines for poetry; 200-1,200 word limit for prose; please see link for details] (January 21st)
- None this week.
- There is also a group dedicated to listing Literature contests around dA, DALiteratureContests, if you're still looking for more contests!
- Writers-and-Editors has their own list of Literature contests.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXVII
- A Symbol View with ^NicSwaner
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #26
- Friday Night Features LXXXI
- Fabulous Friday Feature 14: Adoration
- Saturday Morning Features - 9
- The Saturday Spotlight for January 12th, 2013
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 97
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XIII
- The Favorites Project #180, #181, #182
- Be A Critic Volume 6
- Literary Compass - Vol. 3
- Writing Without Publishing: Exillior speaks
- DLD to DD January 6, 2013
- The Hidden Artist: Writer Feature 2
- Communal Karma #1
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Back-To-Basics Screenwriting With Snappy
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
- Chautauqua Literary Journal
- Pocket Thoughts
- Quantum Fairy Tales
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- One co-founder is wanted to help keep the group running smoothly at Authors-Academy
- 1 Blogger(various) and 2 Gallery Moderators are the current open positions at InspireTheUninspired
- Two Contributors are wanted at WordsOfPower.
- A founder is needed at the group, BleedingHeartsPoetry.
- PowerfulWriting would like a few more contributors.
- The group, Writing-My-Soul, would like to add one contributor to help with submissions.
- devLIT is looking for some extra help around the group.
- Moderators are wanted at OnlyPoetry..
- TheseWordsaremyheart is looking for a founder to take over the group.
- Contributors are needed at TheScribblists.
- General Administrators are wanted at Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- The group, Your-Soul-In-Writing is looking for someone to take over the group.
- DelveMag issues a Call for Participation in the form of contributors.
- SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- Two Match Makers are Beta-Readers' current open positions.
- Calling-All-Poetry would like 2 general admins.
- GrammarNaziCritiques is looking for some critics.
- Kakikotoba would like a few contributors to help out with the group.
- 1 Feature Writer and 2 Recruiters are the current open positions at Love-Literature.
- SimplyGoodPoetry is looking for new Contributors
- 2 Community Liaisons and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
- The group, FlashFictionLives is looking for some active members to help run the group.
- LOVE-Original-LIT is in need of Prose, Poetry, Critique admins, as well as a judge for group hosted contests.
- Voters and weekly and monthly bloggers are wanted at Letters-To-Myself
- One admin position is available at TeenagedLiterature.
- RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- 2 Contributor positions are open at InspireTheUninspired
- FictionWriters101 needs a co-founder and contributors.
- 2 assistants, prize commissioners, 1 News crew, and critics are APictureToA1000Words’s current admin vacancies.
- General admins are needed to help with submission at Masters-of-Poetry.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, Live-Love-Write.
- A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run lit-lash.
- A Sci-Fi Short Story Folder Manager is needed at FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- New admins are wanted at Unconventional-Story.
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at Writers-Workshop
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at LitResources.
- Open Positions over at SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
BeccaJS - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Nichrysalis - NicSwaner's DD Suggestion Guidelines
JZLobo - JZLobo's DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - December 2012 / January 2013
December's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: January
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted; your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
and , my favoritest LITplease Community Liaisons.
for letting me run LITplease’s Community Portal.
Back to Top