Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- Critmas is here! (Last Day!) [January 6th]
- What Event are you participating in?
- Literary Compass Guidelines + FAQ
- One Sentence At a Time: The Results!
- Establishing Your Self-Publishing Business
- Forum Discussion: People who confine themselves to one thing
- "Have you donated to the prize pool for the Literature Scavenger Hunt?" asks Nichrysalis
- Forum Discussion: NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR OC!
- DEAR TEEN ME CONTEST: The Results are IN!
- Forum Discussion: what gives anyone the right to shit on published authors?
- TWG's Featured Deviant of the Month - January 2013: ~winterkate
- Forum Discussion: Art for art's sake...
- Forum Discussion: HOW PUBLISHING WORKS: Your questions answered by folks in the industry.
- BloodshotInk has "reopened [her] old chatroom #LitLove and want[s] to have a launch event... "
- Results: The War Story Contest
- Forum Discussion: This is the last thing I'm gonna leave you with for a year
- Mariah Grey - Shadow of the Reapers
- This guy started his own publishing company using Lulu, Amazon, and public domain books.
- Saturnalia: The Results
- ITU Feature 10 - January 1st, 2013
- Forum Discussion: Trust your feelings
- Light Up Their Eyes: LadyofGaerdon
- neurotype posts some new things in her A Smattering of Lit News article!
- Need a critic? Want to be one?, Writers-and-Editors updates their blog.
- Updates from :devauthors-academy.
- Poetry Feast a feature of Word-Smiths' previous contest winners.
- Some updates from StoriesAndPoemsClub
- Wordsmiths-Guild needs your input.
- The Apocalyptic Contest Winners[contest hosted by full-moon-poetry] have been announced.
- EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 54! =Rainyhawaii, *CaptivationRequired and *emilyericson
- The poetry folder at xWritersUtopiax is open again.
- The winners of Short-Stories' December contest have been revealed. Also the group picks a new featured artist of the week.
- TheCritiquables updates their News Blog, posts a poll: "How often do you give critiques on average (and discuss why)?", and announces there is a new founder.
- Learn2Crit-Lit gives a welcome to all members.
- An apology and update from Crowns-of-Sonnets
- " Our contest ends on the 15th January! Did you get your submission in yet?" asks theWrittenRevolution. They also post their Affiliates Feature (January).
- Self-Publishing lists a new self-publishing freebie and a little publishing and writing inspiration.
- Love-Literature posts an Interview With A Member and a new Meet the Group.
- Happy 2013 and some updates from Writers-Workshop.
- Second Secret Santa Roundup and Secret Santa over! ...but not from Teenage-Writers
- IntrinsicallyInked updates their submission guidelines
- Glory Be! Project Begins, hosted by Glory-Be-Project, and updates on Day 3 and Day 4.
- Writers-At-Heart posts a few journals to kick start the year: Thought for the month of January, Improvement Blog for the month of December, Discussion Blog for the month of December and Get-To-Know Blog #4
- Some information from GrammarNaziCritiques.
- The group, Literary-Limits announces some upcoming changes.
- The winners for My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's Christmas/Winter Contest have been announced.
- write-to-live's featured folder is now open.
Literature Links [in other languages!]
- None this week.
Back to Top
This Week's Group Spotlight
No group spotlight this week!
Looking for more groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 4
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- TheWritersMeow has a new weekly prompt,"New Beginnings". [January 11th]
- Prompt #35: "Snow" is Heart-of-Poetry's newest weekly prompt. [December 31st]
- Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt is a Music Prompt [December 23rd]
- "Confession" is Writing-to-Live's weekly writing prompt. [December 10th]
- lit-lash's Week 3.3 [December 9th]
- WritingForEveryone's Weekly Prompt [December 4th]
- Writers-Extrodinaire has a new prompt for this week.
- Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: Weekends
- Weekly Spontaneity: 39 from SixWordStories
- "Misfortune" is Poem-forthe-poemless' third weekly prompt.
- Theme Of The Week #4 from KnightsOfRomance.
- theWrittenRevolution's Prompt: November 26, 2012[January 6th]
- PoetryWeek's bi-weekly prompt is "Serendipity". [January 16th]
- ITU Prompt 3 [January 18th]
- The Bi-Monthly prompt for PoeticalCondition is "Escalators"
- Letters-To-Myself's January Prompt: Letters to A New You. [February 1st]
- ScreamPrompt #31, January 2013 [January 31st]
- My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's January Forms Challenge: Alliterisen [January 22nd
- SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts [January 14th]
- Wordsmiths-Guild's Prompt for December [December 29th]
- Prose and Poetry Monthly Prompts from lacoterie.
- Sacred-Literature's Monthly Prompt
Workshops and Challenges:
- Sharing Presents During The New Year hosted by Fiction-Writers [February 10th]
- 'Snow' is Your-Soul-In-Writing's prompt. [January 20th]
- Writers-Of-Our-Time's prompt: "Until the very end."
- Love-Literature's weekly and monthly prompts.
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- Shelf-of-Friends' Collaboration Project
- A 50 Theme Challenge from Authors-Academy
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by Masters-of-Poetry.
- Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- New Year Resolutions [200 word minimum; 1,500 word maximum] (January 31st)
- #Shelf-of-Friends' January Prompt Contest [Must write in second person point of view] (February 1st)
- Complaint Challenge Contest [Please see link for details] (February 9th)
- The Unexpected Contest [4,000 word limit for Poetry and Prose; please see link for details] (February 14th)
Contests Ending This Week:
- Crossovers [1,500 word limit; fan-fiction; please see link for details] (January 9th)
- A Hunt For Literature [Please see link for details] (January 11th)
- #writingmadefun's Contest(January 11th)
- "The Magic of Memories" [500 word limit for prose and poetry] (January 12th)
- January 15th is the new deadline for MeganLawler94's contest.
- Sammur-amat has extended the deadline of her 2013 and a Time Achine Contest to January 21st!
- There is also a group dedicated to listing Literature contests around dA, DALiteratureContests, if you're still looking for more contests!
- Writers-and-Editors has their own list of Literature contests.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXVII
- A Symbol View with ^NicSwaner
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #25
- Friday Night Features LXXX
- Fabulous Friday Feature 14: Adoration
- Saturday Morning Features - 9
- The Saturday Spotlight for January 5th, 2013
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 96
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XIII
- The Favorites Project #180, #181, #182
- Be A Critic Volume 5
- Literary Compass - Vol. 3
- Writing Without Publishing: Exillior speaks
- DLD to DD January 6, 2013
- The Hidden Artist: Writer Feature 2
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Back-To-Basics Screenwriting With Snappy
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
- Chautauqua Literary Journal
- Pocket Thoughts
- Quantum Fairy Tales
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- A new founder is wanted to take over the group, Penpa.
- The group, Writing-My-Soul, would like to add one contributor to help with submissions.
- devLIT is looking for some extra help around the group.
- Moderators are wanted at OnlyPoetry..
- TheseWordsaremyheart is looking for a founder to take over the group.
- PowerfulWriting would like a few more contributors.
- Contributors are needed at TheScribblists.
- General Administrators are wanted at Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- The group, Your-Soul-In-Writing is looking for someone to take over the group.
- DelveMag issues a Call for Participation in the form of contributors.
- SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- Two Match Makers are Beta-Readers' current open positions.
- Calling-All-Poetry would like 2 general admins.
- GrammarNaziCritiques is looking for some critics.
- Kakikotoba would like a few contributors to help out with the group.
- 1 Feature Writer and 2 Recruiters are the current open positions at Love-Literature.
- SimplyGoodPoetry is looking for new Contributors
- 2 Community Liaisons and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
- The group, FlashFictionLives is looking for some active members to help run the group.
- LOVE-Original-LIT is in need of Prose, Poetry, Critique admins, as well as a judge for group hosted contests.
- Voters and weekly and monthly bloggers are wanted at Letters-To-Myself
- One admin position is available at TeenagedLiterature.
- RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- 2 Contributor positions are open at InspireTheUninspired
- FictionWriters101 needs a co-founder and contributors.
- 2 assistants, prize commissioners, 1 News crew, and critics are APictureToA1000Words’s current admin vacancies.
- General admins are needed to help with submission at Masters-of-Poetry.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, Live-Love-Write.
- A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run lit-lash.
- A Sci-Fi Short Story Folder Manager is needed at FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- New admins are wanted at Unconventional-Story.
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at Writers-Workshop
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at LitResources.
- Open Positions over at SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
BeccaJS - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Nichrysalis - NicSwaner's DD Suggestion Guidelines
JZLobo - JZLobo's DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - December 2012 / January 2013
December's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: January
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted; your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
and , my favoritest LITplease Community Liaisons.
and for putting up with me and letting me run LITplease’s Community Portal.
Back to Top