Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- neurotype posts some new things in her A Smattering of Lit News article!
- Community Project: One-Sentence-At-A-Time
- Nichrysalis Updates his DD Suggestion Guidelines.
- Complain and Win a Prize
- Light Up Their Eyes: StJoan
- Forum Discussion: Are you good at writing action scenes?
- Recap Episode and 100 Pieces of Lit.
- Forum Discussion: GRRM on Writing
- Forum Discussion: YOUR MOM(...DOESN'T COUNT AS A CRITIQUE PARTNER.)
- Want to fill your holiday with something exciting? Beccalicious knows some great things for you to do.
- Forum Discussion: Voice
- "How do you feel about crowd-sourced publishing?" SadisticIceCream wants to know.
- " What are your favorite kind of horror stories and why (comment)?" asks AzizrianDaoXrak.
- Nichrysalis has his own Miniature Literature Community Experiment: Answer a question about yourself, share a piece of literature from your gallery and from someone you admire, and ask a question of your own.
- Forum Discussion: Put on your big kid pants, writer noobs.
- Operation WFP: The Results!
- ITU Feature 9 - December 25th, 2012
- Vintage Christmas Contest: Results
- HaveTales-WillTell asks "Favorite book or book series featuring anthropomorphic animals?"
- writers-central has discontinued their weekly challenge.
- Lit-WIP posts a few updates.
- More updates with features & upcoming contest from Kakikotoba
- The winners of My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's Winter Contest have been revealed.
- Calling-All-Poetry gives a quick update.
- lyriclub's Discussion Blog 5:What do you like most about writing?
- A hello and an update from Your-Soul-In-Writing.
- EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 53! ~trembling-knees, ~witwitch and *RiseandBe
- Fantasy Sub Genres, Novels-Only has some new submission folder ideas.
- Apologies, Affiliates, and You an update from Poets-Are.
- What Will Happen to our Poems? an update on LITplease's poetry prompts.
- The winners for writingmadefun's contest have been announced.
- CRLiterature Journal Promotion and Contest Updates from InspireTheUninspired.
- First Secret Santa Roundup from Teenage-Writers.
- OnlyPoetry gives and update on the group's situation.
- The Weekly Update from Writers-Extrodinaire
- My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink and SuperWritersHelp ask: If you write about evil characters (serial killers for example) and you really get into the psyche of the character, does that make you evil?"
- Winners of the Write and Revise Contest
- A bit of news from wordflight.
- theWrittenRevolution asks What did you do last November?
- An update to TheScribblists' very important update.
- poetry-book's Scratch That Round 3 is now closed.
- The group, Ordinary-Writing, snnounces the winners of their Winter contest.
- SixWordStories' Monthly Challenge: October! ~ Last Call!
- An update from Story-Corner.
- Judging has begun for StoriesAndPoemsClub's contest.
- The results for WriterArt's 2012 Contest have been announced.
- Announcments regarding Soul-Poets' "Portfolio's of 2012" project.
- Writers-At-Heart issues an apology regarding submissions and also posts a bit of an update.
- An apology and update as well as another weekly hello from Short-Stories
Literature Links [in other languages!]
- The winners of LetraHispana's contest have been announced. [Spanish]
- There will be a little delay in announcing the winners of ArteScritta’s contest. [Italian]
- PoesiaPT reminds members they are a Portuguese poetry only group [Portuguese]
Back to Top
This Week's Group Spotlight
No group spotlight this week! May your 2013 be filled with oodles of hugs and smiles!
Looking for more groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 4
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- Prompt #35: "Snow" is Heart-of-Poetry's newest weekly prompt. [December 31st]
- Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt is a Music Prompt [December 23rd]
- "Confession" is Writing-to-Live's weekly writing prompt. [December 10th]
- lit-lash's Week 3.3 [December 9th]
- WritingForEveryone's Weekly Prompt [December 4th]
- Writers-Extrodinaire has a new prompt for this week.
- Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: Post-Apocalypse
- Weekly Spontaneity: 39 from SixWordStories
- "Change" is Poem-forthe-poemless' second weekly prompt.
- Theme Of The Week #4 from KnightsOfRomance.
- theWrittenRevolution's Prompt: November 26, 2012[January 6th]
- PoetryWeek's bi-weekly prompt is "Serendipity". [January 16th]
- Letters-To-Myself's December Prompt: Letters to Santa's Workshop. [January 1st]
- SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts [December 31st]
- Wordsmiths-Guild's Prompt for December [December 29th]
- Prose and Poetry Monthly Prompts from lacoterie.
- Sacred-Literature's Monthly Prompt
Workshops and Challenges:
- Four Word Christmas Challenge, hosted by FourLinePoems [December 31st]
- De-Cliche Your Romance: Part 2 is Writers-Workshop's current workshop.
- Challenge #6: Winter Woes
- FFF 11: Cinquain Refrain Challenge
- 'Snow' is Your-Soul-In-Writing's prompt. [January 20th]
- Sharing Presents During The New Year hosted by Fiction-Writers [February 10th]
- Cahoodaloodaling is accepting submissions for their new Prompt #6 – Fragments [December 31st]
- The Bi-Monthly prompt for PoeticalCondition is "Escalators"
- Writers-Of-Our-Time's prompt: "Until the very end."
- TheCritiquables is hosting a Writing Project
- Love-Literature's weekly and monthly prompts.
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- Shelf-of-Friends' Collaboration Project
- A 50 Theme Challenge from Authors-Academy
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by Masters-of-Poetry.
- Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
Contests Ending This Week:
- Battle of the Dragons [Prose only; 2 chapter limit with a 3,000 word limit per chapter; please see link for details] (December 30th)
- #Writers4Life Contest [3,000 word limit] (December 30th)
- Celestial Memories (December 31st)
- Holiday Prompt Contest [1,500 word limit; please see link for details] (December 31st)
- Tell Your Story [Please see link for details] (January 1st, 2013)
- #Horror-Writers-Unite's December Contest [2,500 word maximum; Please see link for details] (January 1st, 2013)
- #Short-Stories's Contest [Prose only; 2,000 word minimum] (January 1st)
- "Finding Warmth in the Cold" (January 2nd, 2013)
#ChasingInk's Contest (January 5th 2013
- Sammur-amat has extended the deadline of her 2013 and a Time Achine Contest to January 21st!
- There is also a group dedicated to listing Literature contests around dA, DALiteratureContests, if you're still looking for more contests!
- Writers-and-Editors has their own list of Literature contests.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXVII
- A Symbol View with ^NicSwaner
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #24
- Friday Night Features LXXIX
- Fabulous Friday Feature 13: H.P Lovecraft
- Saturday Morning Features - 8
- The Saturday Spotlight for December 22nd, 2012
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 95
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XIII
- The Favorites Project #180, #181, #182
- Be A Critic Volume 5
- Literary Compass - Vol. 2
- Writing Without Publishing: Exillior speaks
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Back-To-Basics Screenwriting With Snappy
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
- Chautauqua Literary Journal
- Pocket Thoughts
- Quantum Fairy Tales
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- The group, Writing-My-Soul, would like to add one contributor to help with submissions.
- devLIT is looking for some extra help around the group.
- Moderators are wanted at OnlyPoetry..
- TheseWordsaremyheart is looking for a founder to take over the group.
- PowerfulWriting would like a few more contributors.
- Contributors are needed at TheScribblists.
- General Administrators are wanted at Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- The group, Your-Soul-In-Writing is looking for someone to take over the group.
- DelveMag issues a Call for Participation in the form of contributors.
- SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- Two Match Makers are Beta-Readers' current open positions.
- Calling-All-Poetry would like 2 general admins.
- Two admin positions are available at TheCritiquables
- GrammarNaziCritiques is looking for some critics.
- Kakikotoba would like a few contributors to help out with the group.
- 1 Feature Writer and 2 Recruiters are the current open positions at Love-Literature.
- SimplyGoodPoetry is looking for new Contributors
- 2 Critiquers, 2 Contributors, and 1 Advertiser are the current open positions at Penpa.
- 2 Community Liaisons and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
- The group, FlashFictionLives is looking for some active members to help run the group.
- LOVE-Original-LIT is in need of Prose, Poetry, Critique admins, as well as a judge for group hosted contests.
- Voters and weekly and monthly bloggers are wanted at Letters-To-Myself
- One admin position is available at TeenagedLiterature.
- RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- 2 Contributor positions are open at InspireTheUninspired
- FictionWriters101 needs a co-founder and contributors.
- 2 assistants, prize commissioners, 1 News crew, and critics are APictureToA1000Words’s current admin vacancies.
- General admins are needed to help with submission at Masters-of-Poetry.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, Live-Love-Write.
- A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run lit-lash.
- A Sci-Fi Short Story Folder Manager is needed at FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- New admins are wanted at Unconventional-Story.
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at Writers-Workshop
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at LitResources.
- Open Positions over at SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Beccalicious - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Nichrysalis - NicSwaner's DD Suggestion Guidelines
JZLobo - JZLobo's DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - November / December 2012
November's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: December
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted; your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
and , my favoritest LITplease Community Liaisons.
and for putting up with me and letting me run LITplease’s Community Portal.
for sending me an update about her contest!
Back to Top