Literature Links | Project Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- Today, December 9th LadyLincoln will be hosting a Ladies of Lit Chat event at 7pm EST in this chatroom: chat.deviantart.com/chat/TheLa…
- Request a Free Prize! - December
- What do you want to get out of the Lit community and #CRLiterature in 2013?
- Odyssey Propulsion 5
- Forum Discussion: Tell me where you acquired the last five books you read.
- Of Miscats and Misconceptions
- December 9th - Mad Libs
- Forum Discussion: Are you reading enough? Enough to be a good writer?
- doodlerTM's poll: " What do you like reading the most? (Please comment with why!)"
- Guys! Only 23 days to get you submissions in for =Sammur-amat's New Year's contest.
- "How do you feel 2012 has treated the deviantART literature community and why?", Nichrysalis wants your opinion.
- kiwi-damnation wants to know "How is DFC going for you?"
- EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 50: Feature
- LadyLincoln updates her The Ladies of Lit: Listing of Lovelies
- try this on for a second, writernoobs
- Forum Discussion: Is poetry or prose harder?
- Forum Discussion: Writers You Hate
- GrimFace242's poll: Looking for Something to Do?"
- Beccalicious is looking for prize donations for the 12 days of Critmas contest
- Tobaeus posts a new journal listing "who on dA is putting their work out into the professional and semiprofessional publishing world".
- PoeticalCondition's Monthly Feature of Works
- Forum Discussion: 3 Quiet Fears that Stop Writers from Writing
- CelestialMemories' poll: " Quick! A Publisher Came To You And Wants To Have One Of Your Works Published! You Have Five Minutes To Decide. What Do You Pick? (Finished Works Only!)"
- raspil tries to get some more discussion going with her polls: " how do you feel about making mistakes?" and " in stories/novels, do you prefer male or female protagonists?"
- SixWordStories' Feature: Nov. 19th - Dec. 3rd
- Forum Discussion: Why do you think your age matters?
- Weekly Feature: Spotlight on Visual Poetry!
- WritersInk's Weekly Round-up
- Your plot is boring.
- The Dear Teen Me Contest judging is underway!
- Forum Discussion: What have you Googled today?
- Don't forget about the Vintage Christmas Short Story Contest
- Literature Previews, DDs, and You
- DFC 2012! The December Form Challenge is back!
- Duotrope to Become a Paid Service in Jan. 2013
- The group, Writingstream has new founder.
- OurProse updates their Rules journal.
- An update and apology from Poets-Refuge's founder.
- Need a critic? Want to be one?
- TheControversy is opening up their Santa's Sack aghain this year.
- Writing Tips #3: Poetry (General edition) from Live-Write-Now.
- Scratch That Round 2, hosted by poetry-book is closed and the group posts a poll: "Should judging for "Scratch That" be livestream/recorded?
- TheCritiquables updates their News Blog and gives some tips and tricks for Giving/Receiving Feedback.
- Science Fiction Results are in for Fiction-Writers' contest.
- Heart-of-Poetry updates their Affiliates News.
- Lit-Visual-Alliance announces the Results of the Autumn Alliance Contest
- One of Authors-Club's admins promotes their feedback exchange.
- "ill you be joining our bookclub in reading "The Memory Keeper's Daughter"?" asks the group Love-Literature; they also update their News Updates journal.
- theWrittenRevolution releases a bit of a teaser for their upcomign contest
- Freedom-From-Words announces the winners of their contest.
- A member of WritingPros asks for some editing help.
- The Song Writing Contest, hosted by Literature-and-Stuff, results have been revealed.
- Writing-4-life announces the winners from their writing contest.
- Writing-to-Live poses a question regarding a future contest to their members.
- EliteLiterature's front page has been updated, posts their Lit of the Week 50! nawkaman, saevusWinds and NocturneJewel poll and asks "At what age did you begin to have an interest in writing?
- Authors-Academy asks members to vote for the book of December.
Literature Links [in other languages!]
Back to Top
This Weeks Project Spotlight
A Smattering of Lit NewsFeatured
June Literature Newsletter
The Great Lit Crit Event!
VIVA LA FFM
The Ladies of Lit Volume XLIII
30-Day Prompt-Play Contest - deadline June 30
Affiliate and Lit Community Update
June Prompt: Fear of the Planet
Contest: ABCs of the Apocalypse - deadline Sept 30
52 Week Comment Challenge
Publishing Opportunity 15 - steampunk!
Flash fiction markets list
League of Lit Groups vol. 12
Administrative positions op
If you don't know neurotype by now then what are you waiting for, I politely insist you watch her. She is one of our current, and amazing, Lit CV's who's started up this lovely little news article, A Smattering of Lit News. A Smattering of Lit News is a great new resource which lists a few current projects and/or contests, some thought engaging forum posts, polls, and features! [See, it is totally wonderful.
Looking for groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 4
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- "Confession" is Writing-to-Live's weekly writing prompt. [December 10th]
- A writing assignment is TheCritiquables' weekly word prompt. [December 9th]
- Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt is an art prompt. [December 9th]
- Prompt #33: "Cliché" is Heart-of-Poetry's newest weekly prompt. [December 9th]
- lit-lash's Week 3.3 [December 9th]
- WritingForEveryone's Weekly Prompt [December 4th]
- Painted-From-Words' Prompt #4 [December 1st]
- Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: Africa
- Theme Of The Week #2 from KnightsOfRomance.
- Weekly Spontaneity: 37 from SixWordStories
- The current Weekly Challenge from writers-central.
- "Carry Me" is the current weekly theme for RawEm0tion
- PoetryWeek's bi-weekly prompt is "Winter". [December 16th]
- theWrittenRevolution's Prompt: November 26, 2012[December 10th]
- Letters-To-Myself's ecember Prompt: Letters to Santa's Workshop. [January 1st]
- Wordsmiths-Guild's Prompt for December [December 29th]
- "The 237th Marine Corps Birthday" is LiterarySanctuary's November-December monthly prompt. [December 25th]
- ScreamPrompt #30, October 2012 [December 6th]
- APictureToA1000Words' November Theme: "The Sweetest Goodbye" [November 30th]
- 'Autumn', LaRevolucionEscrita's monthly prompt [November 30th]
- Prose and Poetry Monthly Prompts from lacoterie.
- Sacred-Literature's Monthly Prompt
- SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts
Workshops and Challenges:
- Authors-of-Fantasy and FantasyLiterature's Feedback Pack--October Sign Up [Monthly, November 12th]
- Forum Challenge: Dada Yourself
- De-Cliche Your Romance: Part 2 is Writers-Workshop's current workshop.
- Challenge #6: Winter Woes
- Daily Challenge a new event from writers-central.
- FFF 11: Cinquain Refrain Challenge
- FantasyAuthorsGuild's Secret Santa Project [December 10th]
- Critique Challenge from SuperWritersHelp [December 8th and December 30th]
- Cahoodaloodaling is accepting submissions for their new Prompt #6 – Fragments [December 31st]
- Writers-Of-Our-Time's prompt: "Until the very end."
- TheCritiquables is hosting a Writing Project
- Love-Literature's weekly and monthly prompts.
- A Series of Dastardly Writing Prompts from MadWords.
- SixWordStories' Monthly Challenge: October
- Phrase Prompt #5: Harvest Moon from Naturally-Written.
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- Teenage-Writers’ Group Story
- Shelf-of-Friends' Collaboration Project
- SixWordStories’ Inspiration Project Revamped-- October
- A 50 Theme Challenge from Authors-Academy
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by Masters-of-Poetry.
- Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- Feedback Frenzy 02 - Comment Contest (December 16th to December 23rd)
- A Winter Romance Contest [Poetry-50 line limit; Prose-3,000 word limit] (January 31st)
Contests Ending This Week:
- #WriterArt's Contest [2,000 word limit; please see link for details] (December 9th)
- Love Notes to a Simple Pleasure (December 11th)
- Cliché Competition [3,000 word limit] (December 14th)
- QuiEstInLiteris' Contest (December 15th)
- The War Story Contest [8,500 word limit for prose; please see link for details] (December 15th)
- Reinterpretation (December 16th)
- Vintage Christmas Short Story Contest (December 17th)
- There is also a group dedicated to listing Literature contests around dA, DALiteratureContests, if you're still looking for more contests!
- Or join WeeklyLitContests, which does exactly as their name implies and holds a contest every week, Monday through Saturday.
- Writers-and-Editors has begun their own list of Literature contests.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXVII
- Demonstrably Deviant: Issue XI
- A Symbol View with `YouInventedMe
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #22
- Friday Night Features LXXV
- Fabulous Friday Feature 10: Winter
- Saturday Morning Features - 5
- The Saturday Spotlight for November 24th, 2012
- Special Sundaes- Sammur-amat's Sunday Features
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 92
- DLD to DD July 27th, 2012
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XII
- The Favorites Project #180, #181, #182
- Be A Critic Volume 3
- Literary Compass - Vol. 1
- Writing Without Publishing: Exillior speaks
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Back-To-Basics Screenwriting With Snappy
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- A Verbose Guide to Critiquing
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Character Development: From Beginning to End
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Current 2012 Canadian Magazine Writing Contests
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
- Chautauqua Literary Journal
- Pocket Thoughts
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- Two Match Makers are Beta-Readers' current open positions.
- Calling-All-Poetry would like 2 general admins.
- Two admin positions are available at TheCritiquables
- Kakikotoba would like a few contributors to help out with the group.
- 1 Feature Writer and 2 Recruiters are the current open positions at Love-Literature.
- A Founder is needed at Writingstream
- General Administrators are wanted at Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- SimplyGoodPoetry is looking for new Contributors
- writingmadefun would like 3 admins to help with future contests.
- 2 Critiquers, 2 Contributors, and 1 Advertiser are the current open positions at Penpa.
- Lit Scouts are needed at WritersInk.
- 2 Community Liaisons and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
- GrammarNaziCritiques is looking for some critics.
- The group, FlashFictionLives is looking for some active members to help run the group.
- SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- LOVE-Original-LIT is in need of Prose, Poetry, Critique admins, as well as a judge for group hosted contests.
- Voters and weekly and monthly bloggers are wanted at Letters-To-Myself
- One admin position is available at TeenagedLiterature.
- RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- 2 Contributor positions are open at InspireTheUninspired
- WreckingHavocOnPaper needs someone to take over the group.
- FictionWriters101 needs a co-founder and contributors.
- 2 assistants, prize commissioners, 1 News crew, and critics are APictureToA1000Words’s current admin vacancies.
- General admins are needed to help with submission at Masters-of-Poetry.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, Live-Love-Write.
- A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run lit-lash.
- A Sci-Fi Short Story Folder Manager is needed at FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- The group, Written-Imagination, is looking for a variety of staff members.
- Soul-Poets is looking to fill their contributor positions.
- YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- WeeklyLitContests would like 1 more contributor.
- Wannabe-Novelists is looking for some new admins.
- Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- Two admin positions need to be filled at WriterSecretSanta.
- EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- Poetry-Screams wants some administrators.
- WA-writersblock is in need of a new founder.
- New admins are wanted at Unconventional-Story.
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at Writers-Workshop
- Critics, admins, and people "interested in helping run and set up events and projects" are needed at devLIT.
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at LitResources.
- Open Positions over at SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Beccalicious - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Nichrysalis - NicSwaner's DD Suggestion Guidelines
JZLobo - J-Z-Belexes' DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - November / December 2012
November's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: December
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted? Your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
and , my favoritest LITplease Community Liaisons.
and for putting up with me and letting me run LITplease’s Community Portal.
Back to Top