Welcome to the one-hundred fifth issue of Love dA Lit! Every Sunday this article will aim to promote volunteer opportunities, various resources, prompts, challenges, and workshops, as well as highlighting various contests, and spotlighting a specific group every week. This is by no means a complete list of all the literature going-ons, merely a tool to help you get involved and stay informed.
Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- Literature Previews, DDs, and You
- DFC 2012! The December Form Challenge is back!
- Duotrope to Become a Paid Service in Jan. 2013
- Will you be participating in Sammur-amat's New Years contest?
- tiganusi is hosting a poetry contest.
- "Have you ever gotten a DD or a DLD?" asks doughboycafe.
- do you have trouble with negativity?
- disrhythmic wants your thoughts on Audiobooks
- Forum Discussion: Any Ideas...
- How do you teach creative writing?
- Forum Discussion: Stop Trying to get published.
- 25th Birthday Contest Winners
- HillsOfMyst wants to know: " Do you find that the same people get featured again and again by other deviants (i.e. NOT DLD or any big features)?"
- Sacred-Literature's Writer of the Month: The-Golden-Sunrise
- THE TOLTEC has arrived...
- Forum Discussion: i'm totally convinced
- "How "real" are your characters?" asks SilverInkblot.
- Your characters aren't real.
- Sacred-Literature posts a list of some of the NY Times Best Sellers
- Dear Teen Me Launch + Mini Tour
- Saturnalia Chat and Contest
- #Elocutionists Feature
- Solaces' forum post: "looking to critique/fave/comment on Literature of any types and perhaps watch. Also, birds.
- Odyssey Propulsion 4
- Creativity and quality; or, 'Twilight' is the most creative book ever
- WritersInk's Weeklly Round-up
- A heart of a poet
- "Are you going to enter DFC or the #PoeticalCondition contest?" asks RiseandBe.
- IAmPoetry asks " Do you like me speaking my own work?"
- The Reason I Do Art
- The results of the Helloween Contest, hosted by LovingHowYouWrite, have been announced.
- Story-Corner blogs about some group Updates and Critique.
- Updates and an apology from Beautiful-Literature.
- An apology from Painted-From-Words's founder concerning the inactivity.
- Writers--club is looking to Feature Published Writers
- The Official Writing Period for Teenage-Writers' Secret Santa has begun.
- Enter December, a NaNoWriMo wrap-up blog form NaNoWriM0
- ThePoetryofDA announces the winner of their Thanksgiving Recipies contest.
- Voting has begun for Literature-and-Stuff's contest.
- writingmadefun announces some changes to the group.
- The-Writers-Study announces the "An Autumn Night contest results.
- EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 49! reflectionsinwater, mystichuntress and TheGreatSpyExpirim
- A Critique and Prompts Folders Update from PoeticalCondition.
- My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink reveals their Secret Santa participants and gifts.
- Writers-At-Heart's Thought For The Month of November & December and a group improvement discussion as well as a general Discussion Blog and a "Getting To Know" blog
- How do you find literature to read on #WritersInk?
- A reminder form LiteraryAbandon to validate your NaNo novel
- Soul-Poets begins their Showcase Portfolio's Of 2012 and posts a journal regarding Odyssey Propulsion 4 and Upcoming Events.
- A long overdue update from Beta-Readers.
- The-Free-Writers posts their December Event Schedule: Are you in? (Dec 16-20) and asks: "What kind of Literature Workshop would you like to see happen in Freewriters December Event?"
- Revamp Needed, a journal and update from NebulouSSusurrations.
- End of the month updates from LiteratureAnonymous
- Love-Literature's poll, Interview With An Admin: GrimFace242 and Interview With a Member: *OfOneSoul
- An apology from LivingLiterature concerning expired submissions.
- TheCritiquables' Captains Log
- Contest results and a group update from DAWritersUnite.
- An update from writers-central.
Literature Links [in other languages!]
- LetraHispana welcomes some new admins and relays other news. [Spanish]
- Schreibschrift promotes a deviants offer to promote other (german) writers. [German]
Back to Top
A rather large group, boasting well over 4,000 members, Open-Mic-Poetry is a group that accept all types of poetry. Founded 2010 the group has accumulated a massive gallery with an extensive array of poetry. Click here to learn a little more about this group's admins.
Looking for more groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 4
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- WritingForEveryone's Weekly Prompt [December 4th]
- Prompt #32: "Myth and Legend" is Heart-of-Poetry's newest weekly prompt. [December 2nd]
- "Repetition" is TheCritiquables' weekly word prompt. [December 2nd]
- Painted-From-Words' Prompt #4 [December 1st]
- Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt: "Musical Prompt" [November 30th]
- lit-lash's Week 3.2 [November 25th]
- Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: Scholar
- "Drown" Writing-to-Live's weekly writing prompt.
- Theme Of The Week #1 from KnightsOfRomance.
- The current Weekly Challenge from writers-central.
- Weekly Spontaneity: 36 from SixWordStories
- "Carry Me" is the current weekly theme for RawEm0tion
- PoetryWeek's bi-weekly prompt is "Winter". [December 16th]
- theWrittenRevolution's Prompt: November 26, 2012[December 10th]
- Letters-To-Myself's Writing Prompt: Thank a Family Member. [December 1st]
- Wordsmiths-Guild's Prompt for December [December 29th]
- "The 237th Marine Corps Birthday" is LiterarySanctuary's November-December monthly prompt. [December 25th]
- ScreamPrompt #30, October 2012 [December 6th]
- APictureToA1000Words' November Theme: "The Sweetest Goodbye" [November 30th]
- 'Autumn', LaRevolucionEscrita's monthly prompt [November 30th]
- Prose and Poetry Monthly Prompts from lacoterie. [November 25th]
- Unseen-Writers' Challenge of the Month - October to November [November 21st]
- LITplease's 19th Poetry Prompt - A Recipe of Words 1 [November 13th]
- Sacred-Literature's Monthly Prompt
- SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts
Workshops and Challenges:
- De-Cliche Your Romance is Writers-Workshop's current workshop. [November 26th]
- Authors-of-Fantasy and FantasyLiterature's Feedback Pack--October Sign Up [Monthly, November 12th]
- Challenge #6: Winter Woes
- Daily Challenge a new event from writers-central.
- FFF 11: Cinquain Refrain Challenge
- Critique Challenge from SuperWritersHelp [December 8th and December 30th]
- LiteratureKingdom and FightToWrite are hosting a joint Secret Santa. [December 5th]
- TheCritiquables is hosting a Feedback Marathon
- Cahoodaloodaling is accepting submissions for their new Prompt #6 – Fragments [December 31st]
- Love-Literature's weekly and monthly prompts.
- A Series of Dastardly Writing Prompts from MadWords.
- SixWordStories' Monthly Challenge: October
- Phrase Prompt #5: Harvest Moon from Naturally-Written.
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- Teenage-Writers’ Group Story
- Shelf-of-Friends' Collaboration Project
- SixWordStories’ Inspiration Project Revamped-- October
- A 50 Theme Challenge from Authors-Academy
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by Masters-of-Poetry.
- Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- #Ordinary-Writing's Christmas Winter Contest [Prose only] (December 22nd)
- #My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's Christmas Winter Contest [Poetry only] (December 22nd)
- #Writers4Life Contest [3,000 word limit] (December 30th)
- 2013 and a Time Machine [5-45 lines for poetry; 200-1,200 word limit for prose; please see link for details] (December 31st)
- Two Poems: A Contest [Poetry only; please see link for details] (January 31st)
- Let it Snow (March 1st)
Contests Ending This Week:
- Write and Revise Part 2 (50 line limit for poetry; 1,000 word limit for prose; please see link for details] (December 7th)
- Autumn Shades (December 7th)
- One-Thousand Contest [1,000 word limit] (December 7th)
- A Realistic Short Fiction Contest [Prose only; 1,000-200 word limit] (December 8th)
- #WriterArt's Contest [2,000 word limit; please see link for details] (December 9th)
- There is also a group dedicated to listing Literature contests around dA, DALiteratureContests, if you're still looking for more contests!
- Or join WeeklyLitContests, which does exactly as their name implies and holds a contest every week, Monday through Saturday.
- Writers-and-Editors has begun their own list of Literature contests.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXVI
- Demonstrably Deviant: Issue XI
- A Symbol View with `YouInventedMe
- Let's Talk Writing: Issue 12
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #21
- Friday Night Features LXXV
- Fabulous Friday Feature 9: Obsessions
- Saturday Morning Features - 4
- The Saturday Spotlight for November 24th, 2012
- Special Sundaes- Sammur-amat's Sunday Features
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 91
- DLD to DD July 27th, 2012
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XII
- The Favorites Project #180, #181, #182
- Be A Critic Volume 3
- Literary Compass - Vol. 1
- Writing Without Publishing: Exillior speaks
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Back-To-Basics Screenwriting With Snappy
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- A Verbose Guide to Critiquing
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Character Development: From Beginning to End
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Current 2012 Canadian Magazine Writing Contests
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
- Chautauqua Literary Journal
- Pocket Thoughts
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- Two Match Makers are Beta-Readers' current open positions.
- Calling-All-Poetry would like 2 general admins.
- Two admin positions are available at TheCritiquables
- Kakikotoba would like a few contributors to help out with the group.
- 1 Feature Writer and 2 Recruiters are the current open positions at Love-Literature.
- A Founder is needed at Writingstream
- General Administrators are wanted at Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- SimplyGoodPoetry is looking for new Contributors
- writingmadefun would like 3 admins to help with future contests.
- 2 Critiquers, 2 Contributors, and 1 Advertiser are the current open positions at Penpa.
- Lit Scouts are needed at WritersInk.
- 2 Community Liaisons and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
- GrammarNaziCritiques is looking for some critics.
- The group, FlashFictionLives is looking for some active members to help run the group.
- SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- LOVE-Original-LIT is in need of Prose, Poetry, Critique admins, as well as a judge for group hosted contests.
- Voters and weekly and monthly bloggers are wanted at Letters-To-Myself
- One admin position is available at TeenagedLiterature.
- RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- 2 Contributor positions are open at InspireTheUninspired
- WreckingHavocOnPaper needs someone to take over the group.
- FictionWriters101 needs a co-founder and contributors.
- 2 assistants, prize commissioners, 1 News crew, and critics are APictureToA1000Words’s current admin vacancies.
- General admins are needed to help with submission at Masters-of-Poetry.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, Live-Love-Write.
- A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run lit-lash.
- A Sci-Fi Short Story Folder Manager is needed at FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- The group, Written-Imagination, is looking for a variety of staff members.
- Soul-Poets is looking to fill their contributor positions.
- YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- WeeklyLitContests would like 1 more contributor.
- Wannabe-Novelists is looking for some new admins.
- Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- Two admin positions need to be filled at WriterSecretSanta.
- EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- Poetry-Screams wants some administrators.
- WA-writersblock is in need of a new founder.
- New admins are wanted at Unconventional-Story.
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at Writers-Workshop
- Critics, admins, and people "interested in helping run and set up events and projects" are needed at devLIT.
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at LitResources.
- Open Positions over at SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Beccalicious - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Nichrysalis - NicSwaner's DD Suggestion Guidelines
JZLobo - J-Z-Belexes' DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - October / November 2012
November's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: December
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted? Your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
and , my favoritest LITplease Community Liaisons.
and for putting up with me and letting me run LITplease’s Community Portal.
and for sending me in contests to be included in this weeks article.
Back to Top