Literature Links | Group Spotlight | Workshops, Prompts and Challenges
Literature Contests | Resources | Open Admin Positions
Literature Community Relations | Contacting Me
- The Reason I Do Art
- Writers of the Revolution, November 24th
- AimeeRaindrop asks" How is NaNoWriMo going for you?"
- "As a poet, you would prefer a significant other who:" asks toxic-nebulae.
- PoeticalCondition's Member of The Month: ~photosynthetichuman
- #SixWordStories: Monthly Showcase
- doodlerTM's poll: "What do you like writing the most? (Please comment with why!)"
- "Are you a part of a #CRLiterature?" asks Nichrysalis.
- Are you sure you're not writing prose?
- Pocket Thoughts: Editors Wanted and Other News
- Odyssey Propulsion 3
- Sammur-amat asks "Which contest idea do you like best and would like to join? All contests include poetry and prose divisions.
- #SixWordStories Feature: October 29 - November 5
- WritersInk's Weekly Round-up
- " Writer's block is..." EliteLiterature wants your opinion.
- Ask Not what Fanfic Can do for You...
- Love-Literature's News Updates
- Two updates and a feature from Kakikotoba.
- Novels-Only disscusses folders and other things and posts a poll to go alongside the discussion.
- Lit-Visual-Alliance asks " Have you entered our Autumn Alliance Contest yet?"
- An update to My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's Secret Santa
- An update from Ordinary-Writing concerning a few things including a call for prize doinations.
- EliteLiterature's Lit of the Week 48! Shadow-Fox168, brassteeth, and SilverInkblot
- An update on submission limits and other things from Authors-Club.
- writingmadefun's Thankful Contest Winner
- ThePoetryofDA updates their Group News and Rules journal and asks members to vote for the contest winner.
- Judging has begun for The-Writers-Study's contest.
- News from KnightsOfRomance and announces the winners of the Horror Love Contest.
- An update from WritersOfTheWorld.
- Past Featured Scripts from House-of-Playwrights.
- poetry-book posts the Scratch That - Round 1 - Results and the 2nd Round has started.
- Some features from Literature-and-Stuff.
- InspireTheUninspired updates their NaNo Word Race journal.
- writers-central's Author and Deviations of the Month
- A small update and hello from JustKeepWriting.
Literature Links [in other languages!]
- Schreibschrift promotes a deviants offer to promote other (german) writers. [German]
Back to Top
Though not a Literature only group, APictureToA1000Words supports 'rising authors, photographers, and illustrators'. They offer a monthly theme and even hold a 'chatroom gathering' every Wednesday! Click here to learn a little more about this group's admins.
Looking for more groups?
- leoraigarath's Literature Groups List
- Realm-of-Fantasy's list of literature groups[Fantasy, Sci-fi and General]
- My journal has a small list that I've compiled.
- League of Lit Groups: Vol. 4
If you're still not finding a group you like check out the list of all literature groups on dA: Click here!
Back to Top
Inspiration (Workshops, Prompts and Challenges)
- Prompt #31: "Myth and Legend" is Heart-of-Poetry's newest weekly prompt. [November 25th]
- lit-lash's Week 3.2 [November 25th]
- "Autopsy" is TheCritiquables' weekly word prompt. [November 25th]
- Live-Love-Write's Weekly Writing Prompt: "Musical Prompt" [November 30th]
- Painted-From-Words' Prompt #4 [December 1st]
- Weekly Spontaneity: 35 from SixWordStories
- Unseen-Writers' Theme of the Week: Home
- "Carry Me" is the current weekly theme for RawEm0tion
- Letters-To-Myself's Writing Prompt: Thank a Family Member. [December 1st]
- PoetryWeek's bi-weekly prompt is 'Superfluous'. [November 25th]
- "The 237th Marine Corps Birthday" is LiterarySanctuary's November-December monthly prompt. [December 25th]
- ScreamPrompt #30, October 2012 [December 6th]
- APictureToA1000Words' November Theme: "The Sweetest Goodbye" [November 30th]
- 'Autumn', LaRevolucionEscrita's monthly prompt [November 30th]
- Wordsmiths-Guild's Prompt for November [November 29th]
- Prose and Poetry Monthly Prompts from lacoterie. [November 25th]
- Unseen-Writers' Challenge of the Month - October to November [November 21st]
- LITplease's 19th Poetry Prompt - A Recipe of Words 1 [November 13th]
- SixWordStories' Word and Theme Prompts
- Sacred-Literature's Monthly Prompt
Workshops and Challenges:
- De-Cliche Your Romance is Writers-Workshop's current workshop. [November 26th]
- Daily Challenge a new event from writers-central.
- Authors-of-Fantasy and FantasyLiterature's Feedback Pack--October Sign Up [Monthly, November 12th]
- NaNo Workshop, hosted by TheWritingHaven.
- Challenge #5: The Cursed Moon Carnival
- FFF 11: Cinquain Refrain Challenge
- Critique Challenge from SuperWritersHelp [December 8th and December 30th]
- LiteratureKingdom and FightToWrite are hosting a joint Secret Santa.
- Teenage-Writers' Secret Santa
- TheCritiquables is hosting a Feedback Marathon
- Cahoodaloodaling is accepting submissions for their new Prompt #6 – Fragments
- Love-Literature's weekly and monthly prompts.
- A Series of Dastardly Writing Prompts from MadWords.
- SixWordStories' Monthly Challenge: October
- Phrase Prompt #5: Harvest Moon from Naturally-Written.
Ongoing Challenges[No Deadline]:
- Teenage-Writers’ Group Story
- Shelf-of-Friends' Collaboration Project
- SixWordStories’ Inspiration Project Revamped-- October
- A 50 Theme Challenge from Authors-Academy
- 100 Word Challenge hosted by JustKeepWriting
- A List of Prompts from FeatheredWords.
- full-moon-poetry's 18 themes.
- LITplease's 100 Themes Challenge
- Write 50 Reason's Why You Love Yourself Challenge
- Poetic Journey Project hosted by Masters-of-Poetry.
- Writers-Universal's Publicity Project
Back to Top
Lit Contests Galore!
These include contests that are purely Literature based and those that have other categories as well, but still accept Literature.
- Reinterpretation (December 16th)
- What If? The world Ends Today [Poetry only] (December 21st)
- A Winter Only World [Poetry only; 50 line limit; please see link for details] (December 24th)
- Memories and Resolutions [5,000 word limit] (January 31st)
- Lullaby Contest [Poetry only] (Deadline Unspecified)
Contests Ending This Week:
- #My-Soul-Bleeds-Ink's Secret Santa (November 21st--Sign-up Deadline; November 29th--Submission Deadline)
- Hope at the End of the World [Please see link for details] (November 29th)
- 'Apocalypse' (November 30th)
- Haiku Club November 2012 Contest: Snapshot [Haiku only; please see link for details] (November 30th)
- Outsider Contest [Please see link for details] (November 30th)
- Cliché Competition [3,000 word limit] (November 30th)
- The Toothsoup Prize [Off dA contest; open to Australian citizens only; short stories only; 1,000 to 3,000 word limit; please see link for details] (December 1st)
- Pondering the Future [200 word limit] (December 1st)
- Autumn Alliance Contest (December 1st)
- The The War Story Contest's dealdine has been moved to December 15th.
- February 28th is the OC Winter Contest's new deadline.
- wordflight's Rebellion Contest has been extended another week.
- There is also a group dedicated to listing Literature contests around dA, DALiteratureContests, if you're still looking for more contests!
- Or join WeeklyLitContests, which does exactly as their name implies and holds a contest every week, Monday through Saturday.
- Writers-and-Editors has begun their own list of Literature contests.
Back to Top
Regular Lit Articles
- The Ladies of Lit: Volume XXVI
- Demonstrably Deviant: Issue XI
- A Symbol View with ^neurotype
- Fantastic Feature Tuesday #20
- Friday Night Features LXXIV
- Fabulous Friday Feature 8: Fables and Fairytales
- Saturday Morning Features - 3
- The Saturday Spotlight for November 24th, 2012
- Special Sundaes- Sammur-amat's Sunday Features
- PoetryToTheMasses Weekly Feature 89
- DLD to DD July 27th, 2012
- 30 Writers You Should Discover: Volume XII
- The Favorites Project #177, #178, #179
- Let's Talk Writing: Issue 12
- Be A Critic Volume 2
- Literary Compass - Vol. 1
- theWrittenRevolution's Lit News Journal
- LadyLincoln's Journal
- lovetodeviate's Resource Central [Now moved to apocathary’s journal]
- julietcaesar's List of Useful Writing Blogs
- WorldWar-Tori's Literature Resources
- #Critique-It's Resources: Writing
- #FantasyLiterature's Helpful Links
- Tips for the Messy Writer
Writing Resources [General]
- Writing Resources for Everyone
- Jump Start Your Story
- Guides and Lessons for Effective Writing
- LaMonaca's Writing Guides
- LitResources' folder for Literature Tutorials
- How to Write Fan Fiction - P1
- How to Write Euphonically
- OokamiKasumi's Writing Tips and Tricks
- English 101 Index: A Grammar Series
- ElaineRose's Writing Lessons
- Ten Tips for Writing
- 10 Tips for Novel Writers
- Back-To-Basics Screenwriting With Snappy
- Organizing Your Fantasy/Sci-Fi Novel
- Style vs. Voice - A Guide
- Grammar and Your Story
- Three Act Structure
- The Hard Work of Poetry
- Tips For Editing Poetry
- Haiku Theory Part 1
- Haiku and Eastern Poetry
- Poetic Forms
- Poetry Self-Edit Quick Start Guide and Checklist
- "Poeticks: On Imagery" 1 of 3, "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3, and "Poeticks: On Imagery" 2 of 3
Critiquing and Miscellaneous Resources
- Search Engines for Serious Writers
- The NonVerbal Thesaurus
- How to Write Without Editing
- 9 Editing Tips You (Possibly) Haven't Heard Before
- Writing Useful Critiques
- Prose Critique Basics
- Beta Reading Tutorial
- A Verbose Guide to Critiquing
- Murdering Mary Sue
- Characterization and Names
- Character Development: From Beginning to End
- Describing your Characters
- Rehab for Roleplayers
- SadisticIceCream's Publishing Resources List
- leoraigarath's Resources on the Side
- Resources for Aspiring Authors
- On-Writing - Getting Published
- Getting Published the Hard Way
- Tips on Self Publishing
- Writing Exercise-Book Proposal
- How to Get a Literary Agent
- What Makes A Good Editor?
- apocathary has created a customised calendar for submissions to Australian journals and competitions. [It can still be useful for others as some listed accept international submissions too.]
- Current 2012 Canadian Magazine Writing Contests
- Divertir Publishing is an independent publisher and they also publish short story collections. Check out their dA: DivertirPublishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Publishing
- An Idiot's Guide to Book Publishing
- Harmless [Magazine]
- Steampunk Tales
- G.W. Review
- The Missing Slate
- Second Look
- Verandah Literary Journal
- Machine of Death
- Cram Magazine
- dotdotdash Magazine
- Alliterati Magazine
- Linear Literary Journal
- Grawlix Poetry E-Zine
- Chautauqua Literary Journal
- Pocket Thoughts
Back to Top
Looking to help out the Lit Community?
- Kakikotoba would like a few contributors to help out with the group.
- 1 Feature Writer and 2 Recruiters are the current open positions at Love-Literature.
- Some admins are wanted at Authors-Club.
- A Founder is needed at Writingstream
- General Administrators are wanted at Poetry-is-AWESOME.
- Calling-All-Poetry would like 4 to 5 general admins.
- SimplyGoodPoetry is looking for new Contributors
- writingmadefun would like 3 admins to help with future contests.
- 2 Critiquers, 2 Contributors, and 1 Advertiser are the current open positions at Penpa.
- Lit Scouts are needed at WritersInk.
- 2 Community Liaisons and 2 Critics are needed over at LITplease.
- GrammarNaziCritiques is looking for some critics.
- The group, FlashFictionLives is looking for some active members to help run the group.
- SuperWritersHelp is in need of prose and poetry critics.
- LOVE-Original-LIT is in need of Prose, Poetry, Critique admins, as well as a judge for group hosted contests.
- Voters and weekly and monthly bloggers are wanted at Letters-To-Myself
- One admin position is available at TeenagedLiterature.
- RomanceforEveryone would like Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Manager, Bi-Weekly Blog Feature Helpers, Resources Director, Critique Approvers, and some General Administrators.
- 2 Contributor positions are open at InspireTheUninspired
- WreckingHavocOnPaper needs someone to take over the group.
- FictionWriters101 needs a co-founder and contributors.
- 2 assistants, prize commissioners, 1 News crew, and critics are APictureToA1000Words’s current admin vacancies.
- General admins are needed to help with submission at Masters-of-Poetry.
- Critics/Commenters are wanted in the group, Live-Love-Write.
- A co-founder and general admins are needed to help run lit-lash.
- A Sci-Fi Short Story Folder Manager is needed at FantasyAuthorsGuild.
- WritingForEveryone still needs a few contributors.
- The group, Written-Imagination, is looking for a variety of staff members.
- Soul-Poets is looking to fill their contributor positions.
- YouAsTheNarrator is looking to fill the following positions: 2 Gallery Moderators, 2 Character Bio Moderators, 4 Chatroom Moderators, 4 Promotion Moderators, 2 Gallery Contributors, and Comment Contributors.
- WeeklyLitContests would like 1 more contributor.
- Wannabe-Novelists is looking for some new admins.
- Adopt-A-Writer is looking mentors and mentees.
- Two admin positions need to be filled at WriterSecretSanta.
- EditorialSquad is in need of various staff.
- Poetry-Screams wants some administrators.
- WA-writersblock is in need of a new founder.
- New admins are wanted at Unconventional-Story.
- 2 Affiliates/PR Admins, 2 Pay It Forward Admins, and 4 Critics are open at lacoterie.
- Members to host workshops and Contributors are needed at Writers-Workshop
- Critics, admins, and people "interested in helping run and set up events and projects" are needed at devLIT.
- 8 Critiquers, 3 Lit-Pickers, and 1 Affiliate Admin are needed at LitResources.
- Open Positions over at SixWordStories, they need: Project Managers and Contest Managers.
Back to Top
Literature Community Relations
thorns - thorn's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Beccalicious - Beccalicious' DD Suggestion Guidelines
neurotype - neurotype's DD Suggestion Guidelines
Nichrysalis - NicSwaner's DD Suggestion Guidelines
JZLobo - J-Z-Belexes' DD Suggestion Guidelines [Only Fan Fiction.]
Go on and send your literature DD suggestions to them!
#CRLiterature Community Relations Literature Chatroom
Literature CR Update - October / November 2012
October's Literature Daily Deviations
Posting Guidelines - Literature Forum
Monthly Literature Critique Thread: November
FAQ #61: What is a Daily Deviation?
FAQ #18: Who selects the Daily Deviation and how is it chosen?
FAQ #873: What do I do when I disapprove of a Daily Deviation feature?
Back to Top
Want your group to be spotlighted? Your Literature project? See something you don't like? That you like? Want changed or removed? Have a suggestion for the next issue? Then please send me a note! The Literature Community is huge, so I'm always going to miss something or make a mistake, don't be afraid to let me know. ♥
Hugs, love and thanks to:
and , my favoritest LITplease Community Liaisons.
and for putting up with me and letting me run LITplease’s Community Portal.
Back to Top